Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Journey - two thumbs up!

This evening, I watched the much talked about "The Journey" movie at GSC cinema at Dataran Pahlawan with SLing and SYuen. Though we had to rush from one cinema to another because of movie cancellation due to technical equipment damage at MBO cinema, almost full house at another ( GSC Aeon ) but we were glad that we made it for this movie even though we eventually have to settle for the 9.20pm show at GSC Dataran Pahlawan.  I must say that I truly & thoroughly enjoyed this movie very much. Earlier on,  I watched the crowd slowly fill up the seats. I was really pleasantly surprised when I saw people from all races were watching this movie and filling up the seats nicely. I must say that this movie certainly do live up to its promotional billing and it is no wonder why it is the top billing local movie so far. 

To me, this was a great local movie and I must congratulate the director, the producer and the cast for the wonderfully made movie. The plot was simple, good and so meaningful while the cast were simply marvelous. Dialogue was clear, simple and even very direct at times. The message of love, hope, peace and kindness fill the movie plot. The geographical settings and cinematography works were superb. The scenery scenes were breathtakingly beautiful and portrays the rich blessings of this land. Places like Cameron Highlands, Ipoh, Penang , Sabah and even smaller towns were beautifully and tastefully shot to bring out the best of the lands. I am thankful for the message it brings and the culture that we inherit in this fine land of ours. This movie is more about preserving of culture and way of life plus taking care of our elder ones.

There were so many poignant moments in the movie that I would rather not mention lest it would spoil the fun of watching it later. All I can say is that it is a touching movie but at the same time it brings out the reality of  the bond between parents and children, respect for the elders and the very culture in our daily lives. I guess, this movie will touch the core centre of our hearts as it relates nicely to our society and our lifestyle today.

How do you know if the movie is a good one? Well, when I could hear sniffles and tissue shuffling by some of the movie patrons sitting at the back row of mine and the front rows, you definitely know the message of the movie gets across very nicely. As I sat back writing this piece, I reflect on some of the very natural scenes that took place in the movie and go, "Hey, I can relate to that! " or " Wow, so true!" or even " Interesting view!". But I did laughed my head off too for some of the humorous scene like "sofaman" and so on.

So, have a good day at the movies and DON'T give "The Journey" a miss! Go, pull your mom,dad, auntie, uncle, brother, sisters, cousins, nephews and whatever blood relations or non-blood relations to this movie. It is really a good movie.

2 comments:

Jade said...

Please tell your brother-in-law.. :)

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Jade, don't want to get involved in family matters but Wei, go and watch the movie with Jade, will ya? Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......