Sunday, June 1, 2014

Seafoodilicious - ShellOut

The protection bib.....
Taking a welcome break and just being with family and friends are really the best things in life. What more could you have asked for , right? From being really sick for the past week with high fever, relentless bad coughs and excruciating pains in the body, having a break out is a welcoming delight. I guess, in many ways, I am sick of 'punishing' my ailing body with relentless "supply" of cocktail of medicine that a full dose of seafood goodness would be proper. Seriously, I don't really fancy seafood fares but as Errol & Jessica testament that this place would be heavenly for me and the family, I guess, I couldn't miss out on such chance.

Moreover, it was a time for Jessica to do her regular visit to IJN for some test and I was game to see and look at what IJN is all about. Who knows, I might have to go there someday for some checkup, right? Naw, don't worry , I ain't superstitious like some folks out there who would probably be bathing with 7 different types of flowers just to throw off the "sueh' or bad luck. Like I said, ain't superstitious as I believe the living is always more dangerous than the dead!!!!!

Crab and crawfish....
Anyway, after the taking out of  the device which had been with Jessica for some time, it was time to do some window shopping at Suria KLCC. Well, I am not much of a shopping person and as the family enjoys it, I am okay with it. I must say that I find it rather interesting looking at people that day. People from all walks of life, all types of shapes and sizes plus all sorts of characters and antics filled my time there. I find it interesting that even on a Sunday, people in KL actually "dressed up" and try looking pompously "rich" in many ways. I also realised that there is a lot, and I mean , a lot of foreigners in our malls today. They roamed freely at our malls and even congregated among themselves creating a small groupings of little world for themselves. Though the hustle and bustle is considerably lower than weekdays, it was still a flurry of activities in the malls. I kinda like the ISETAN food court whereby food are served fresh. I kinda like this kinda of impromptu action of eating. We had NZ grilled beef on sticks and terrayaki chicken on sticks too. They tasted really good. Not expensive but certainly edible. 
Yabbies & the vegetables......

There were an array of pork products from 'char siew' to 'siew yok' and my mouth was watering like a leaked tap,man! Luckily, my palate desires were checked immediately lest I end up in IJN sooner than later. The cheese array were really good while the seafood array were equally good. You could see prime sockeye, rainbow trout or even king salmon cuts along the finest looking tuna cuts. Guess, these are meant for the affordable fellas,huh? Well, good for them as the would be paying premium for premium quality, I guess. BTW, the fried soft shell crabs looked really really tempting indeed....Then it's the assorted cakes and breads too. Wow, so much to savour while the leaking mouth tap continued!!!   

Jocelyn, Josephine,Jessica & Errol......
For dinner , we headed out to ShellOut Restaurant in Kota Damansara. As Errol & Jessica had been here before and enjoyed the meal, SL and I readily wanted to try out the seafood fare. My verdict : Wonderful seafood fare and great food! It is sorta corner lot ground floor shoplot and nicely decorated with fisherman cottage ambiance. The cozy environment inside bring you back to fisherman cove type of eatery. Every nook and corner of the walls, mirrors and wood panels are covered with writings from patrons who had eaten here! The wordings are all over the place. I like it! I like it very much! The table was spread out with a big piece of oil paper and we were given bib to ensure that we do not soiled or dirty our clothes when eating the seafood fare. 
Spicy butter garlic crabs......

Errol ordered crabs, yabbies or crawfish, scallops, bamboo or razor clams, potato, broccoli and cobs of corn. Errol order it the spicy garlic butter style which suited us real fine. Though we waited for some time for the food as the crowd filled the place, we were happy that when the food came, it did not disappoint our palate. The L size crabs were delicious as I sampled one claw before SLing devours a good portion of the crabs ( She loves crabs, actually !!! ). Then came the sweet and succulent crawfish or yabbies as they are bets known. Hard shell like prawns is what they are. Errol taught us how to fish out the succulent meat and enjoy the fare wit our fingers. I must say, all my 10 fingers were drenched with the spicy butter garlic goodness. Good......very good......The bamboo clams or razor clams they are know sometimes were also very fresh and nice. Scallops were good and so were the baby octopus. The baby octopus were cooked perfectly ; crunchy, springy and tasted great. Okay, okay, we did not just had "unhealthy " food lar....we actually had some green lar like broccoli, some potatoes and cobs of corn. There, we have a perfectly healthy diet too. I guess, the most intriguing food of the night were the Shashimano fish which were basically filled to the brimmed with egg sack. There weren't any flesh at all and I ate everything from head to end tip of the fish. Rich, creamy and tasty! 
Scallops.........
What a fish! As I dissected the fish , you can find much meat except the eggs sack.I know, I know, it seemed so sinful to wallop down the poor little eggs sack but yunno what, if it looks good, eat it and eat it I did! With some of the spicy butter garlic sauce over the eggs sack, it is just heaven waiting to explode and explode it did! Love it....very much. As the hammer and the crab clamp came to use, you could hear the sounds echoing throughout the restaurant. That's the sound of good food eating in session. Luckily, we had some of the Hotel Bread which was bought by Jessica and with the bread in hand, the appetite grew better and filled our stomachs indefinitely. The spicy sauce with some razor clamp flesh, crabs and yabbies on pieces of bread sure look nasty but tasty!! Down it goes to the well oiled smooth throat into a cauldron of satisfaction anchor called the stomach pit! On and on we meticulously attached the seafood fare and when the battle was finally over, we have many satisfied customers.    
Satisfied customers indeed......

We then met up with the Manager, Mr. Derrick Yap and paid compliments to his wonderful seafood fare. A young bespectacled man in his early 30's, I must say, he did a real fine job of setting up this wonderful seafood joint! That night, we really had a good time eventhough it was only a short trip to KL. I guess, memories of such trips last longer than the longer vacations as time spent with good friends and family are always priceless. I guess, my friends are right in saying that some of the best food do come from KL as it is such a demanding places and food lovers are generally very particular of food quality in KL. 
Selfies at ShellOut.....

You also get to pay through your nose when good food are served on your tables. Me? I would still rather have my Pak Din roti canai, curry wan tan mee and even curry laksa anytime. But I certainly won't resist the temptation of going back to ShellOut again when I get by that place. It is such a delightful place, I must say and the food taste much better, really. Yeah, the price comes with the quality and it is good right down to every ringgit spent. 

So, cheers to you, ShellOut Restaurant!  

No comments: