Monday, July 21, 2014

Love...God's way.....

Children are truly the delight (or nightmare!!!)  for any parent or anyone who wants to do any activity with them but to me, I am always happy to be able to do something with them. Last Sunday, it was back to my turn to inspire the children and I just did my best. As always, it is never easy to plan what you want to do with these young, energetic and witty children but these children are a barrel of fun. I found that in my close encounters with these children ; it is either you teach them a lesson they will remember or they will teach you a lesson you will never be able to forget! Either way, it is fun with these children.

I wanted to do something different but I was out of time as the whole week had not been nice to me as work & enquiries bogged you down faster than you can hollered out " Break!" Anyway, the challenge was to bring something different to the method of teaching and inspire the children. I hope I have been fortunate enough to bring that cheer to the children. I know that by the look of the childrens' faces.......... I am truly blessed and truly had fun with them nevertheless.

The core of my lesson is about Jesus showing us God's love as in the scripture John 11: 1- 44. As I studied this portion of the scripture, I could imagine the situation surrounding to circumstances of the story. Incidentally, this was the portion of scripture whereby the shortest verse in the Bible was captured. That verse was in John 11: 35 - Jesus wept. Truly, a portion of scripture which was not only short in words but heavy and meaningful in words.

I really had a great time with them and I do hope I have been a blessing to them as they are to me. Sometimes, we do not know if our teachings have reached these young ones or not but I take heart that no words of the Lord will fall to deaf ears or void.

Deep in my heart , I am constantly thankful that the children are here for a purpose - to be a blessing to you and to be a great lesson in your life. You see, children tells you things as it is and that's important. I had a fun-filled day with them as we studied the Word, the play-acting, the game and the goodies in store. Definitely a great time of blessings........

No comments: