Sunday, January 10, 2016

Years go by....

Mahatma Gandhi once said this :  “Where there is love, there is life.” As I pondered over this quote, I must say that there is so much truth in that. Sometime in November, 2015, SLing and I celebrated our 26 years of marriage together. I must say that I am glad that I still survive that! Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaa………. I must admit that it would be just another day for me as I am quite lousy with dates, events and anniversaries. I guess, SLing keeps tabs on all these events as I sometimes can be quite forgetful as I aged on. Jokes aside people, the kueh teow in the head can be quite messed up after a hard days’ work or even when the stress levels are cranked up to the all-time high margin. Yup, like all normal and imperfect human beings, I tend to forget certain dates and anniversaries but I am constantly reminded by the ever vigilant SLing who would throw some daggers look or even some well meant “tantrums” so that I get the drift of things. I am thankful that at least you won’t get to read the headlines of tomorrow’s papers that screamed “Husband tied to bedpost & eaten by ants.” Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa……… No, it is not going to be like that la……hmmmmnnnnn…..not so sure these days……..but then again SLing won’t do such thing…..but….would she……..hmmmmnnnnn, I wonder………

Anyway, I am glad that I get to spend 26 years of my life with SLing all these years. O God!......... 26 years, seriously, 26 years!!!!!!……… Why me? Why? What have I done? Ahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa…..that is what I love is all about, humour, actually. I realised that SLing can be quite a serious person while I can be whacky and crazy all at the same time. I guess, being 50 made me relaxed a whole lot as I just wanted to lead my life the way I wanted it to be after struggling all these years to put the family first in all things. ( still do, actually! ) This 26th year anniversary is special for SLing and me in many ways. For the first time, we both aged gracefully and there is so much more awareness in our lives. We were able to travel overseas together after speaking about it for such a long time. We made it happen! We are also able to speak more now that we sleep less ( old people sleep less ,mah! ) plus we look forward to spending time with one another though most of the time, we do not know where to go!  Though I must admit that I am sometimes the culprit of laziness as I tend to find watching TV to be an awesome activity, really. I guess, my favourite channel is Go Asean (737 Channel) as we both gawked at the places we would want to go and jumped excitedly whenever travel program on Siem Reap appeared as we both had been there before. We became excited and all that. Our daughter used to give us the funny look whenever we both get gleefully excited about the places we have been to which was put up in the TV program. I must say proudly that SLing had been to most places in Malaysia and I have done my part of sharing these places with her. Yeah, her colleagues had tagged me as “Museum Man” after all the museum hopping we made.

I guess, in many ways, SLing and I truly enjoyed our life together. Sure, it ain’t no bed of roses nor a walk in the clouds when it comes to our relationships but we waded through it all – good or bad. We weathered the good and the bad happenings. We even stomached the sadness and the pain that we had to endure.  Sometimes, we do get hurt along the way. Sometimes, we get side tracked and angry with one another but that’s how it all would be. At the end of the day, it is that man/woman who would sleep beside you day in day out. I guess, I am blessed and thankful for SLing. Sure, my dinner meals can be technically challenging at times but other than that, it is alright. No complaints in laundry department though….clothes smell awesomely clean and good.

I guess, these are things I am thankful about. It ain’t about the money or riches that we are after as we’ve got each other and all these years, we have been thankful and blessed with whatever we have – be it little or more. I am embarking in a new journey of life with SLing and I felt blessed. No matter what I do, I am constantly reminded of good advices given by older folks and friends whose reminders are for me to live and to love always no matter what situation I am in. So glad for that, really.

So, HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY, dear SLing!


No comments: