Sunday, January 29, 2017

Mukjizat Tuhan......

Mukjizat Tuhan - that was my sharing with the jemaat at the OA community Sunday service. I must first admit that I am always a better worker and planner than preaching a sermon, actually. I guess, it is such a heavy responsibility to speak to a community lest an OA community on the goodness of God. But somehow when you know and always in awe of His mighty hands of miracles in your life, you just want to stand up tall and proclaim His great involvement in your life. 

I must thanked both Edwin and Errol for always pushing me forward to preach the Word despite my reluctance as I perceived that there are more qualified and better people to speak the Word than me. Somehow, their encouragement and support helped me a lot along the way.  At first, I just imagined that someone else is going to do the sharing of the Word that Sunday service as all of us were pumped out by the water pipe laying works earlier. So, when Edwin brought up the question of who should share the Word during the Sunday service, I was given that honour despite my usual reluctance and feeling of being tired. Somehow, by the unanimous show of hands, I was given that job to share the Word. I picked up my courage to take up the challenge and share the Word for the second time in the OA church service. Maybe it was God's timing or God's arrangements for me to speak that day despite my reluctance. 
I must admit that I was nervous as usual and I had picked out the salient points and Bible verses for the speaking arrangements for the next morning. In the night prior to the sharing of the Word, I had realised that the entire bag containing our toiletries and bibles were left behind at our home sofa set. Luckily, Sis. Lorna had lend me the BM and English bible for my references. I guess, I then wrote down the gist of my message and tying it up with the bible verses of reference. 

Soon, tiredness crept over me as the team and I had worked tirelessly that entire morning to ensure that water supply flowed strong and freely through the pipes. I decided to go to bed and do some touch up of the message when I wake up the next morning. As the events of the day had impacted me a lot, I decided to titled my message as "Mukjizat Tuhan." 

The next morning, I woke up early to work on my message and ensured that I am aware of what I am saying. I decided that I will allow God's word to flow freely that morning. During the pre-service, I could hear the worship dancers and the worship team members praying for me too. It was such a nice feeling having the team do that for you and with you prior to the service proper. It was a good practise indeed.

That morning, I believed I shared from my heart. It wasn't an easy message to speak on but one that should be spoken as miracles of God are truly an amazing feat. Nothing beats that at all. I tied it up with lots of personal life testimony and events that had happened over the last few days.  Somehow, whenever I was stucked in a idea, the words would flow easily while I shared a lot on the water pipe works. That was the epitome of what God's miracle is all about.

I believe that when one opens his/her heart to God, He would put that conviction and message in your heart. I believe God wanted the people in the OA community to focus onto Him and He would provide for their needs and their direction. I am just another vessel like every one and there is no superiority ever in my mind. I believe that God is to be exalted and be given the highest honour. If we ever felt proud and fed our inflated egos with uncontrollable self praise, we are just being foolish and had forgotten of His love to us. That's why I could never emphasized it more that God deserve all honour, glory and praise!

I wouldn't know how I did that day or how was my KPI index that day. All I know is that I want to share the Word from my heart, I prayed and hoped that they, the listeners and the OA jemaat would be blessed. I know that no one left the hall that day and nether did I end too late or too early that day. I just know that deep in my heart, I have done my best. Sharing from my heart and feeling blessed!

No comments: