Friday, June 7, 2019

Spiritual & free mindedness - Seminyak Day 4 Part1


Breakfast....sunny side up, bread, scrambled eggs & coffee
Waking up in a new urban place with superb facilities and amenities can be quite a comforting pampering. Thereby, it was such a pleasure waking up in the morning in Villa Kim ,Seminyak. However, SLing and I together with Hwe Shean woke up early and got our way to the morning market which was about 13 minutes walk from our villa. By the time we arrived at the morning market, there was a small crowd there. It wasn’t a big market. In fact, it was a rather small one. Simple vegetables, fish and poultry were sold there. I had a good look at the simplicity of life in Seminyak and Bali as a whole. I was more into the street food thing and I was surprised by the small offering of food. 
Seminyak morning market....13 minutes walk.
Simple porridge and pulut (glutinous rice) fare were there but nothing fancy. They looked sweet and I’ve gotta keep my sugar in flow slow and steady or else, insulin shots are just around the corner. One point to note is that it was interesting to see them using the traditional weighing scales. Such a delight seeing these apparatus in such prolific usage in the market. Fruits were also scarce while tobacco makes brisk sales. We did not buy anything that morning but I came back richer with the experience really. After cleaning up a bit, we headed out to the kitchen and quickly helped out Richard and Teresa, who were also up early  to fix breakfast for the day. 
Simple breakfast fare....the puluts

It was simply toast bread, croissants and eggs for breakfast accompanied by good ol’ Bintang coffee or Milo, of course! It was such a beautiful morning and we had such a wonderful time of fellowshipping over breakfast and oranges which I have picked up on the way from the rich soiled area of Beratan. After a quick discussion, we were unanimously in agreement that we would try out the food places as suggested by our newfound friend in Ibu Linda of Tamade Restaurtant.

Hungry Bird Coffee Roasters.....coffee...

As usual, our very efficient and sharp cordinator, Hwe Shean had charted out our itinerary for the day and our first stop was to get coffee at Hungry Bird Coffee Roasters,Canggu. Located at Jalan Raya Semat ( Jalan Perancak ),No.86, Tibubeneng, Kuta Utara, this place is the place for the younger people today. Located strategically in a small kampong and fantastically small lane, you could smell the coffee aroma as you stepped off the van. Established in 2013, this award winning team in Canggu, Bali had been servicing and meeting the demands of coffee lovers around the world. 
The barista counter.....
This hip and trendy joint is really quaint and lively with customers and locals alike, the minute you walk into the café. I had the opportunity to speak to Michail Seno Ardabuana or a.k.a Seno who served me his brand of coffee that morning. I had the opportunity to speak to him and he was eager to answer my questions on coffee and so on. Here is an award winning barista and there was just no airs about him while his simplicity was exemplary indeed. I really do like the humbleness in that man. I do see the many awards awarded to this simple café joint and I like the simplicity.  I had an Americano that morning and the coffee is good…..really good. 

After a good handshake with Seno, I could hear him say “Come back soon, yah! Good day,man.“ I answered distinctively, “ Thanks, I will, bro! “ That’s the start you want to kick off your day, right?
Hwe Shean on the counter....
The lovely mural on the wall....look like a tour guide, man.


No comments: