Saturday, September 14, 2019

CCC-SBC Vacation Bible School 2019 Promo/Launch....

Last Sunday, as I dressed myself up to go to church service, I kept asking myself if I am ready for the City Community Church (CCC ) - Straits Baptist Church (SBC) Vacation Bible School (VBS) 2019 launch in our church. As I wanted to do my part for the launch in our church, CCC Melaka, I put on my Royal Rangers uniform which I have not worn for many years. This uniform meant a lot to me. Afterall, I wasn’t sure if I am allowed to wear the uniform after the closure of the outpost many years back. But I guess, it would be good for the VBS 2019 launch and I have always believed in my heart that a Royal Rangers commander is always a Rangers commander at heart till his very last breath. Yeah, always a Ranger at heart.
That morning, as I dressed up, put on the insignias that once adorned my uniform, I took care to ensure that everything was in place. To me, it is such an honor and blessing to be in the Royal Rangers uniform. I really love this ministry, the discipline, the honour, integrity and the pride of raising young children, boys and girls for Christ. Every step of the lesson way is about building the child to grow physically, mentally and socially in the Lord. I have seen so many wonderful young men and women grew from this ministry as what they are today. Praise God for that! Some leaders have becomes mothers and fathers themselves while some young children have grown up to be really  good adults today. It is an enormous pleasure to see this happening and what sense of pride & fulfillment prevailed indeed. 

Anyway, coming back to the event, all I wanted to do was to give a glimpse to the parents and children in CCC Melaka, the best representation of an outdoor person or leader that is the  commander of the Royal Rangers ministry in brief. Like I said, I was there to do a promotion and launch of the VBS 2019 programme and as the theme is  “ In The Wild “, I thought it would be good if I were to be in the RR uniform to inspire the the parents to sign up their children for the event and get the children excited about learning in the wild. Certainly, it did attract a lot of curious questions and so on but I was there for the VBS 2019 and not to revive the RR Ministry. 



I was nervous and humbled as I shook hands with parents and fielded questions about what the uniform I was wearing represents. The parents commented that I look good in the uniform and I felt nice, actually by the compliments but at the same time, humbled in my heart over all that I have learned in the ministry and what this ministry had helped me and many other children.That day, I also handed out the Discovery Rangers vest owned by my daughter, SYuen for my promotion partner, Loreen to wear. She fitted rather well with the vest and it was really nice to see her wear SYuen’s vest with all her Bible patches and survival skill patches on the vest. It brings warm memories to my heart, really.

I am reminded of the long hours, tenacity and the dedication of the commanders in teaching these children and ensuring that the children understands the meaning of the lesson. Most important of all, to earn each and every Bible patch and survival skills patch. Anyway, throughout the promotion, Loreen, SYuen, Charisse, Jarren, Daniel, Jenny and myself did the best we could to get as many children to sign up for the VBS 2019. All the while, I was praying for more children to be signed up for the VBS 2019. Yes, I do get questions about the uniform and what does it represents. I was happy to be in the uniform and happy to answer the questions too. At least, I have not forgotten on how to be a RR commander and the impact of it. Woo hoo! Brings joy to my heart, really! The promotion and launch of the VBS 2019 was a success and we are now hoping for more children to sign up for the VBS program. We have 23 children signed up on the promo/launch day and our target is 80 children. Praying for more to sign up over the weeks and I am sure there will be more who will sign up in later weeks. Like I always say, we can plan the plan but it GOD who will make it happen! The promotion and launch of the VBS 2019 was a success and we are now hoping for more children to sign up for the VBS program.

That afternoon as I sat down to rest, I could feel the spirit of my good friends, Comdr. Vive, Comdr. Sathy, Comdr. Steven Chia, Comdr. Errol Gan, Comdr. Jason Chiew, Comdr. Jessica Han, Comdr. Bryan Lee, Comdr. Tan May Ching. Comdr. Rachel Fu, Comdr. Crystal Teo, Comdr. Jamie Ng, Comdr, Jonathan Fun, Comdr. Stefanie Sim, Comdr. Stephen Raj, Comdr. Daniel Chia, Comdr. Ivy Wong, Comdr. Joa Wee and Comdr. John Ng sitting beside me. Thank you, commanders for the wonderful memories and the works together. You people are truly the true heroes of these lives you have a hand to built and guide. Your lives are the  epitome of dedication, sacrifice and commitment. I salute each and everyone of you for your true heart and love. 

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!~It is a tremendous honour serving with all of you.

No comments: