Sunday, September 22, 2013

Little Louis(s)....

The "goodies"- FOOD!
They say babysitting can be quite a handful when dealing with young children. For me, I think they are a barrel of fun. There is a lot we can learn from children and I am still an advocator that children are much more fun and innocently honest in so many ways. Last night, we had the greatest fun of taking care of 3 children from the Louis household namely "Super" Dave, "Cunning" Caleb & "Curly" Caitlyn. I mean, don't get me wrong, they ain't mischievous or demanding or naughty. They are really really fine boys and girls. Dave & Caleb are just two contrast in character and in their ways but they are really very well-mannered and cool boys. As for Caitlyn, she is more boisterous, loud and inquisitive in many ways. Love their ways and always close to my heart as they are really fun children.

The little Louis
We started out by having dinner at Kensington Restaurant. We ordered the Starter Platter ( a combo of garlic bread, mussels with salsa salad, squid fritters, honey chicken wings & drummet ),   seafood fried rice, fried tang hoon, spaghetti cheesy carbonara for Dave and a nice tomato spaghetti for Caleb. Before this, I had some great fun with Caitlyn who showed me what she wanted to eat as I put the menu in front of her. So cute-lar this Caitlyn! She showed me the lobster picture, the soft shell crab and the cod fish menu! Wah! All the expensive stuff, man! Must have learnt this from her trips with her mummy's friends and accommodating aunties to all the nice eateries! I kept nodding my head yes and yes for all her request. She seemed happy and nodding in agreement but alas, poor girl will be served fried rice and garlic bread! Anyway, the food was good and tasty. All of us truly enjoy exchanging our foods for tasting sake and I must say happily that the food tasted real good. Definitely the food had become better and better as time goes by. 

Watermelon Super
Mango Super
After finishing our meal at the busy restaurant, we decided to give an icy cold treat to the children.So, we headed towards Ice Bowl World Restaurant for some shaved ice delight. As usual, I asked the children what they would like to have and again, they were well mannered enough to tell me that they would share a watermelon super while SLing and SYuen would share a Mango super and I will get my usual dosage of white coffee. When the shaved ice delights came, Caitlyn was most excited and I fed her with both the watermelon and mango delight. She gleefully enjoyed every minute of it! As for the boys, the water melon super was such a great surprise for them. It was just so heartwarming to see the children enjoying the cold treat.
Ecstasy of tasting the shaved ice delights
Later, as we go back to our place, Caitlyn was all still fresh and energetic ; bumping around, clowning around and kidding around with SYuen. The two boys were busy watching Disney HD and "Johnny English" and we laughed out laughed together looking at Rowan Atkinson's antics. When they got back that night as Abby & Din came by to pick them up, I kinda miss these children whom I have come to regard as my own children. They are just so young, innocent and so fun. I'll take care of the little Louis(s) anytime. That is the joy of babysitting, I guess! Am I open for baby sitting business? Don't know - maybe, perhaps....

No comments: