Friday, June 10, 2011

CLA Youth - Encounter Camp 2011

I got home a little after 11.00pm last night after attending the last night of events ( wonderful praise & worship and drama presentation of the group! ) of the CLA Youth Ministry - Encounter Camp 2011. Earlier on Thursday night, I was given the opportunity to share a message at the same event in church.  I must say that it was really a fulfilling and a real blessing time for me. Somehow, when I turned back the hours before the actual sharing of the message , I must say in all honesty that it had been really chaotic and jam-packed schedule. With my grandpa being in the HDU unit in general hospital and the ever present workload ( I was in Batu Pahat that morning ), I was wondering if I could make it for the event and to speak to the youths that night. I can only give all glory and thanks to HIM ( The One Above ) for sustaining, giving strength and words to inspire and challenge the youths spiritually in my message that night. 
I remembered spending hours on my knees to the Lord in the late nights to seek the message for the camp. Amidst all the hustle and bustle of the day plus the daily distractions in our lives, I was able to prepare the message. The Lord led me to the story of the healing of the paralytic which involves four men who lowered their paralysed friend down the roof for healing from the Lord. I searched long and hard for the meanings to the message and viola! ideas just flowed easily. I did a rough outline of my message as I continued to seek the Lord's blessing for my humbling endeavors. God has shown His favour upon my life for giving me the inspiration to share the Word for the night. Then I got the outline done in powerpoint and ensured that I would understand this while I am able to bring out the message as He had entrusted me.
That night, I shared from my heart. I gave my all and I would like to give all glory and honour unto His name! I was happy , at least, the youth were not sleeping as I shared the message, man. Mind you, they had a long day at obstacle course and all the physical activities that they had carried out during the day.  I did not want a message which is too hard for them to understand but I thank God, they understood the message of what had been said. You know, I believe in my heart that these are the pioneering 26 youths who are going to make an impact in our ministry and the local church arena. These young people are incredibily passionate , energetic, focused and awesome boys and girls. I truly love their enthusiasm, their easy going ways and the fun side of them. I could really see a transformation in their lives and I know that Chai Yen, Jillian and her team of leaders are doing a great job at moulding these lives. BTW, they have a great worship team ( Stephen Raj, Garrett, Eunice, Jillian, Malcolm, Matthew, John and  Kessel ) and they were sensationally inspiring that night and throughout the camp. Truly, the team has done very well indeed. Bravo! Worship team!
I am really blessed too because the very heartbeat of God - prayer & the values of the heart -had finally transcended and embedded into the hearts and minds of these young people who are really the future of our church and our nation today. I am glad that I have played a small part in inspiring , sharing laughs and even sharing experiences with these beautiful people. What I was extremely glad was that some of the leaders and youths who are also leaders and rangers in the Royal Rangers ministry had truly grasped the true meaning of leadership and serving in humility. They have not only made me proud by serving in the Youth Ministry but they have propelled excellent co-operation, cohesive teamwork, highest quality of passion, the grand openess of their hearts, the selfless sharing of their experiences and expertise and most important of all, I saw their love for others, their cares and full heartedness in carrying out their responsibilities. I am truly proud and I am truly humbled by the experience.
Last night, as I congratulated one of my leaders, Stephen Raj , who is truly a remarkable lad and a natural born leader, for the wonderful works he had done for the camp, he said this to me , " Thanks, comdr. I learned from the best! " I smiled. Those words touched this old humble heart of mine and it brought so much joy to me.  I guess, if I were to die tonight, I would wear that same smile to my 6'X 4' plot because that is the most satisfying words ever uttered.
So , thank you, Chai Yen ( your renewed passion and zeal, your concern and your commitment towards the youth ministry continues to amaze and inspire an old man like me!) for giving me the platform to stand, to speak and to inspire these youths. BTW, I love the thoughtfulness in the gifts too! Thank you, young people of CLA Youth Ministry for allowing an old uncle like me to speak to you while you listen on to the blabbering, crazy stuff and ramblings of an old man. It was really fun and somehow, all the triedness, the energy sapping day events and heartaches just goes away!
Here's to a new start in the CLA Youth Ministry and may you continue to touch lives and be a blessing to youths around you! Cheers, people!

No comments: