Friday, August 12, 2011

GOD is GOD!

Today I am truly saddened by what had happened to human values in our lives. I am truly saddened that a shameful Senator and a rejected so-called elected representative of a constituent can cry out such vile notions that not only brings shame to one's character but one's own religious belief. My God! I have so many Muslim friends and luckily, they don't act like these people do. I am not questioning their religious inclination but I questioned their motives and bad potrayal of their own religion. It is really so sad. Yes, it also occurs in our own religion too, yunno. 
Look, God is perfect and God doesn't need anyone to defend HIM. Get that straight and into your head. Have we not learn that God is GOD and nothing compares to Him?  He made the heavens ,the earth, the sun and the moon and everything in it  and so,  would HE need any defenders at all? For crying out loud, GOD is GOD!  It is human beings with their own assumptions, sinful nature of the heart and constant prejudices that made us the most useless living emblem in the face of this earth at times, man.
I really feel ashamed and disgusted just reading, hearing and seeing these people trying to destroy what fabric of good society we are having today all for the sake of staying in power to govern this fragile country of ours. The very fabric of society sanity and good relations are virtually being ripped apart by these rapist and peddlers of words of our daily living. If continuous bringing of dominant fear and malicious lies of religion are being potrayed to hoodwink the society , I shudder at the prospect of our very existence in this beloved country of ours. What lunacy! What hypocrisy! What shameful ways of life!
I am comforted in my heart when my Muslim friends and former students  called me up and assured me that these are not the views of all the people in their religion. Even my uncle who is a Muslim convert called me to completely ignore such views and lunatics.  Yunno, I felt really sad and  I told my friends and uncle - what has gone terribly wrong with leaders like these. They sow bucketful of seeds and grains of hatred, fear and lunacy which only brings so much harm to their fellow brethren and also to the non -Muslims as a whole. How could this be ever attractive to a non-Muslim like me if that is being proffessed and drummed up time and time again? I know the saying that in a bunch of apples , there will be rotten ones but my contention is if the rotten ones are left as it is, they will spoil even the good ones especially with their stain.  
I have NEVER EVER known any religion which are being practised in this country of ours  that promote BURNING, SPEWING THREATS, KILLING, SHEDDING BLOOD, DESTROY, FIGHTING , RAPING  or even glorify EVILNESS at all! As far as I know, religion teaches us to do the good stuff rather than the evil stuff. It is really confusing and the signals sent are truly remarkably inconsistent with the religions that are being professed and practised all over the whole except for Satanic worshipping, of course! It is mind-boggling that these people can say what they want and still get around scott-free without the need to see the truth or even get to the truth. It is doubly and utterly embarrassing because these are the people who are in team that governs this country today. So much religious fear,  pressure and intimidation concocted to cloud the perception of our citizen today. I failed to see where our future lies if we are producing leaders of such level. It is sickening and really ties up in line with the Chinese month of Hungry Ghost! I am utterly disgusted and disappointed with our government non-committal action at the stoking up of these type of religious slur because believe it or not, a lot of us treasure and value racial harmony and freedom to practise our religion and our lives.
As always, let us continue to pray for the well being of the people of this nation of ours. Let us cry out to GOD to spare His wrath upon our land. Let us petition to GOD to forgive those who bring mischief and bring bad intentions to our lands and our families. Pray too that God would heal our hearts from these unkind words, malicious actions  and unwarranted intentions. Pray too that God would deliver us all away from such harm and such people.
God bless each and everyone of you! 

2 comments:

VIVIAN PUENTES said...

kooopp

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Vivian,
I do not know what the word means but I will accept your comment - good or bad. Thank you.