Sunday, October 9, 2011

Books, books, books.....


If you want to know what makes me happy, the answer would be spending time in a book store, reading and browsing through books. I must confessed that this is one part of my life that is seldom seen by friends except for my close friends and family. I just love to read and I love books a lot. I am not picky when it comes to book but I really enjoy topics that comes from the heart. So, yesterday is a fine example of how excited and how happy I am to be able to spend almost a day at the bookstores; not just bookstores but extra ordinary book stores.
Last Saturday, I had the opportunity to go on board the largest floating book store in the vessel MV Logos Hope together with my family and my friends, Errol & Jessica plus their two daughters, Josephine and Jocelyn. The vessel is truly in remarkable shape while the spread of books on various titles were great. The currency for trading were in Logos unit namely 100 unit is equivalent to RM 8.00. The crowd was like never ending and the queue was hopelessly long at times. Thank God that we were able set off early from Melaka and headed towards Port Klang Cruise Centre to board the vessel and get our book stuff. I am generally happy with my purchases and the fun I had. It was a blast indeed especially books with so many titles. The vessel was squeeky clean while the crew of volunteers and young people were remarkably courteous and smiling all the time. People of every shape and size plus every race, color and creed were there. I guess, that's Christian service at the best. There were just so many nationalities on board the vessel. I was very impressed with the experience. It was a great experience. Anyway, the biggest surprise came later in the day as we were travelling back from Port Klang heading towards Kajang for satay- Kajang style.

It was totally surprising that during our journey towards satay Kajang, we saw some road banners which read " Big Bad Wolf Book Sale ". SLing then alerted me about what my sis-in-law, Jade had told us about this book sales. It was simply too hard to resist and a quick check with Errol, our driver for the day, we were off to MAEPS, Bangi for the book sales. Somehow Satay Kajang got lost in translation and we landed up at a huge car park and we boarded this beautifully painted shuttle services to get to the Exhibition Centre Hall A. So, we trudged along with anticipation and excitement of the prospect of reviewing  tons of books and titles. The only problem was if our wallets could handled the tons of books. Then came our moment of truth as we walked into the hall. I don't know about the rest but my jaw dropped and eyes almost popped out of it's sockets when I saw the sea of human beings browsing a hall full of books. It is like one Boeing 747 hanger filled with books. Gosh! I was deliriously dumbstrucked by the mountainous volumes of books and magazines. I didn't even know where to begin and for a moment I was in cloud nine. I went for the Cooking section - I didn't even flinched one bit and I never looked back! I looked at the prices and I almost fainted. They are so wonderfully priced. The cheapest being RM 3.00 while the highest I saw was RM 25.00 - hard cover, okay! For me, I got those books within the range of  RM 5-RM 12 while my highest was at RM 25.00 ( That's for Jamie Oliver cookbook - Jamie's Kitchen - hard cover , mind you! I was thrilled to bits, I tell you! ) As I browsed  books after books after books, I bumped into many people ( hands, legs, shoulder, bum, front, back, side, heads -you name it ; every part was bumped into! ) and I am so glad that there are so many book lovers. Even SLing managed to get a book or two to read and sauntered down at one spot after being tired of walking around the convention hall. The books range from Children, Coffee Table, National Geographic hard covers, Cooking Books, Computers, Religion, Professional, Business, Management, Biographies and many more sections. WOW is the word I would use! For a book lover like me, this is PARADISE, I tell you! I truly enjoyed the time I spent reading and browsing through the books. It was like those younger days where I would spent a lot of time running to the libraries, just to read something. It was really amazing experience for me.
I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Errol, Jessica, Josephine and Jocelyn for taking us and joining us on this trip fun. It was really a great time of fun, fellowship and bookship! Did we get our Hj.Samuri Sate Kajang? Oh Yes, we most certainly did and they tasted fantastic after some hardwork of browsing and straining our eyes on tons of books on Logos Hope and Big Bad Wolf Book Sales!
A big THANK YOU to BOOKXCESS for bringing us the tons of books for our enrichment and enjoyment. It is really a real pleasure and satisfaction in having to own books of interest though our wallets do get lighter after the experience but it is a good investment for our wallets - as far as I am concerned! After all, knowledge is wealth, right?

No comments: