Thursday, November 17, 2011

Soon Ling....

Today, I pay tribute and heartfelt admiration to one special person in my life, Soon Ling. Today, she celebrates her birthday but most important of all, she has been a tremendous confidant, a good listener , a warm & loving person and most of all, she is a great wife with endless skills of torture methodologies and pain-inflicting antics of curriculum at times! Ahh! But I was only joking! She also does have a glare and stare of a double edged sword sharper than the German or the  Japanese precision knives! Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa................
That should put us off for being too serious, right? Anyway, Soon Ling has been and always will be very important in my life. Nope! I am not been held at knife-point or even having my nuts squeezed by a nutcracker device to say something nice but I want to share a light moment-lar.
Soon Ling is such a strong woman. Over the years , she has been a tremendous support to me and the children. If I am the hot-headed and vile-tempered rascal, she is the calm, cool and collected individual. She is really a real soother in the turbulence times and she has always been a tremendous comforter in my low ends of my life. I guess, in many ways, she is the real unsung hero in our family. What I like about her is that the dinner dishes are quite standard and predictable namely Chai Seam, mixed vegetables with broccoli, mushroom, carrots, snap peas and cauliflower , boiled ladies fingers with oyster sauce sprinkler with fried shallots,  black sauce chicken with mushroom , fried fish, fried eggs, fried beancurd with light soya sauce dressing, chicken varuval, wong kiong chicken, black sauce pork and fried luncheon meat! That should cover the list and make this article longer a bit. Hey! That's quite good already,ok? The lists had steadily grown over the years and that's an achievement, baby! Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa................
Seriously, there is a side to her that many do not see. She is gentle, a good tongue-lasher when it warrants a good wake-up call,  a really good wife and a great mother to my children. She is always very concern for my well-being and my children's welfare. She cries easily when she is hurt or angry but she always comes out stronger after a good cry. She is always there to hug me whenever I am down or give a word of comfort every time the family is backed to the walls in all sorts of life situations. She also has a very big heart when it comes to gifts for our close friends and family.  She can be direct, sarcastic and annoying at times but she is the strength in the quiet form for this family. 
In many ways, she dedicated her life to this family of ours and her sacrifice has been enormous. How could I not love such a woman who has given everything she got for me and this family of ours? I love her to bits , actually. That is the true and bold confession of my heart and my public proclamation and attestation of my love to her . Call me a romantic fool or even an eccentric clown but I see a good woman whom I loved very much the minute I laid my eyes on her and that NEVER changed until this day! 
So, to Soon Ling, BLESSED BIRTHDAY ( 18th November ) and you are in my heart always!

2 comments:

Abby said...

A very original and heart warming tribute to a wonderful woman, faithful wife, dedicated mother and loving friend :)

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Abby,
Have to pay tribute-lar. If not, the food and bed will be cold while the laundry will be left alone. Susah also, right? hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa......Just joking. Thanks for a great time with your family during dinner & cake time!