Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Artful of fun....

They say that teaching small children are both challenging and tiring because they are so active and innocent. They are known to tire your brains out and even drain your energy with their constant "Wh" questions. In case , you do not know what I mean , it is the " why, what, when , where, who and how " questionaires!! I guess that when my good friend Tan BL put me up for teaching these young ones, I really felt the enormity of responsibilities upon my shoulder. It is that I've not being in Sunday school program for such a long time that I begin to have anxiety attacks!!! I tell you, I racked my brains for ideas and I just told the Lord that I will do my best. So, I came up with the art stuff idea. 

Honestly, I've always love art stuff and so, I just follow my heart and see what I could do with it. I am thankful that SLing was my assistant that day as she helped me to be with the children and with an hour or so to inspire the children with the Word of God and have meaning fun time, it was really quite a daunting task, actually. But yunno what, surprisingly, I truly enjoyed this experience. The children were superbly mannered though it was initially not easy to get them to speak but somehow, old uncle like me can still get them going. I am pleasantly happy to do what I like most, i.e art and share that fun with the children.

I think, the children ( Shaohanna, Elyon, Elysia, Dave , Caleb, Selina, Caitlin, Marcus, David and Kimberly ) are just truly wonderful kids indeed. I was conscious that these young ones needed good Godly foundation in their lives and I am just so blessed to be a part of that small contribution in shaping their lives. Moreover, I was given the honour to start off with the most important opening part of the 10 Commandments - #1 You shall have no other Gods before Me. ( Exodus 20: 3 ) I hope, the children had learned something from me as I learned from them too. Yeah, it was a good experience for me to be with the children. Who knows what I may do next? Afterall, aren't we all called to inspire these young ones and bring them closer to love our Father in heaven? Just for a moment, I am humbled and blessed indeed!~  

No comments: