Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tea Party...

The food spread.....
Yesterday afternoon, my family and I together with friends were back at The Cake Fairy Malacca cafe for another round of great treat. This time it is Errol & Jessica Tea Party. Nothing was spared to make this tea party a great time of good afternoon tea treats and a massive dose of fellowship. About twenty of us made our way to the cosy cafe and spent an afternoon of typical Malaysian tea party and great laughter.

As usual, SLing, SYuen and myself were the earliest to arrive and we were warmly greeted by ever smiling family of Jessica, Errol, Josephine and Jocelyn.  As we climbed the familiar RC staircase up, I knew we have a great treat in store for all of us. I also had the opportunity to meet up again with the creative, diligent and ever-smiling Tracie Yeo, the proprietor, artist and the genuine brains behind The Cake Fairy Malacca. 
Josephine,SLing,Jessica, Jocelyn, SYuen....

It is such an honour to meet her again and see her creating some wonderful treats for us. She was such a busy bee then as she was putting the finishing touches for a cake burger and that surely blew my mind though I only managed to take a picture of the top portion of the cake burger.Yup! She is definitely a cake artist. Congrats again, Tracie Yeo!

As for the event, the crowd began to trickle in and soon, the quorum was complete. For the next few hours, we fellowshipped, ate, laughed and had some fun with the props for our photography session. As I looked at the treats that was put out for us, I could see delightful cherry pie, heavenly shepherd's pie, wonderful smoked salmon vol-au-vents, swell berry cheesecake cups, great mini chicken burgers, cookies, insanely moist chocolate cake , beautifully decorated cup cakes and thirst quenching lemonade to drown the sugary treats into a swirling joy. It may not looked much but they can be quite filling. Afterall, it is a tea party and the finesse of the treats outstrips the filling up of the stomachs. 
The cake artist, Tracie Yeo

I believe it is the quality that is far more important than the quantity of the spread as at the end of the day, there were smiles everywhere as the food certainly made the fellowship such a great occasion. As always, the cherry pie wins hands down together with the shepherd pie while the smoked salmon vol-au-vents was just delightful indeed. Crunchy due to the puff pastry together with the smoked salmon made it a great combo down the throat. The mini burgers were also moist and tasty indeed. The sweet (at least mine was! ) and sour tinge of a whole cherry tomato at the top of the burger made it such a delight. The sweet treats were always a real treat for the young and the old. 

Our hosts, Jessica & Errol
I tried the cookie in the cookie from the cookie jar near the hot drinks and they tasted absolutely satisfying indeed. The berry cheesecake in cup was smooth and cheesy - the way I like it. The combination of sweet, sourly creaminess of cheese and the biscuit crumbs at the bottom of the squarish cup made it such a tier of delightfulness. As for the cupcakes - what can I say except that they are creamy, sweet and a real treat for the young and old ....anytime! Who doesn't like cupcakes, right? Well, cupcakes will be cupcakes. You make the cupcake horrendously good and spiced it up with smooth creamy topping and wonderful piping techniques, the cupcakes will not just not look good but good to the dollar for eating too. 
SLing & me....

As coffee, tea and lemonade flow freely as the conversations filled the evening, I am glad to have the opportunity to just enjoy the afternoon. With good treats and good friends engaged in good conversations and sharing laughs, I couldn't have asked for more, actually. As I enjoyed my coffee that afternoon, I must say that I really enjoyed the feeling of having a tea party. It has been quite a long time since I felt that way. Perhaps, tea party would do a whole world of a good for others out there.

It is a great way to unwind, relax and to just soak in the fun of getting together. There is no better connectivity or rather connecting agent between people than with the spread of good food. I am not going to argue with that fact.
JooLi, Caitlyn,Abby , Dave, Sean, Aidan & John......

Just want to thank Errol & Jessica again for inviting us for the tea party. As for Tracie Yeo, keep up the good work and may your cake business endeavor enjoy success indefinitely. 

P/s My brother-in-law, sister-in-law, my nephew, Ryan and niece, Ashley enjoyed the two pieces of cherry pie and cupcakes which we brought for them from the tea party! That speak volumes indeed! Cheers!    

 

No comments: