Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Real...

Meal times are always a great way to see the humanity side of people. I am always game for people watching and perhaps, I like to see the human side of everyday people in their every day life. While at my favourite place for breakfast this morning, I had the opportunity to see my roti canai maker, Pak Din broke into smiles and occasional laughter. Usually, he is super stress while churning out the roti canai and he can grumpier than the old auntie at the end of the street where I lived. Today, he was relaxed as the customers were not many yet and he was just working at his pace.

It was great to see Kak Leha delivering her drinks in a slower pace and drinks made without haste. I guess, the hurried pace in life will affect you no matter where or what you do. So, it was good and with the flow of conversation ranging from the effects of GST, daily living expenses, to the political climate and family matters, you could almost sense the hopeless anticipation by the every day folks. To me , the crowd at Pak Din's food joint had always been the low income and middle income group of people. If they find every day living today hard enough, you can be assured that it is affecting the people at all levels. I am as concerned as they are and when we continue to have the country's resources and richness being plundered with wasteful projects and corrupted schemes, it is very disturbing. The morning papers ( though very pro-Govt ) and the electronic media news don't lie either! Kinda depressing as you flipped through the morning papers and see your hard earned money being contributed to corrupted projects and into the pockets of unscrupulous people who called themselves "legal" representatives of the people! Might as well, get my fishing rods out and go to the nearby lake, buy myself a six packer mineral water ( cannot afford beers nor sweet drinks la.....diabetic la ! ) and lay my line in the lake hoping to land a fish at the other end!   

Anyway, the country leaders just don't give a two hoots to what we think, in all actuality. It is about plundering and depleting the country's funds into nonsensical schemes after schemes. Sometimes, don't you just wished that all this could stop so that the people could actually earn a decent living in all honesty and hardwork? You often wonder who else could be trusted with the richness and resources of the country, right? I believe in my own personal opinion that our country is run by buffoons, clowns and court jesters alike - be it from the ruling Govt to the Opposition team. What a farce!  

No comments: