Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Unfinished mystery, nostalgic and heavenly.....

Kellie's Castle at the background.......
Travelling through the back roads, kampungs and paddy fields of Alor Setar , Kedah or even the bustling streets in Penang or even the perfect hideaway in Gopeng, Kampar and Ipoh made me realised that there are still beautiful scenery available in this country. I have made it a point to bring SL and SYuen as I wanted them to see the beautiful scenery and people through the travelling eyes of mine. I have always been fascinated with scenery and the people as I  felt that there is so much to lean about life as it is. I love museums a lot and I love scenery a lot. I also love natural surroundings and I love looking at people plus food...good food.  There is just so much to see, to learn and to eat too! I must admit that shopping malls don't interest me while I would get all sorts of pain by just being in malls! If I wanted air-conds to pamper me, I would have chosen to be in a freezer, actually! At least, I 'll die standing erect.....not that place la...you know what I mean! 
SYuen and me at the walkway......

I remembered I made a promise to SL a long time ago that I would bring her round the country to see the best in our country. Well, a promise is a promise for me. We started out this time with a timely stop at Kellie's Castle. It was a hot day indeed. Yes, we prayed for God's protection before proceeding into the castle and it was good. With other groups of tourists, we were definitely NOT alone! All the eeriness, hauntedness and all that, I must admit that I did not think of it. I was just impressed with the architecture of the castle and sweet story behind the construction. I love the history of it.   

Next was Qing Xing Ling Cultural Village in Ipoh. This was a real surprise as my colleague in the office, Ms.Kok had been there and she told me of the beautiful old Chinese setting there. Snugged between limestone hills, I could understand why it is such a beautiful Chinese village. The calm mirrored lakes between the limestone hills including plush Chinese wooden rest houses and artifacts made this place such a nostalgic places. The Chinese human rickshaw or even wooden carts made the place so authentically....Chinese, I guess. The crowd comprising mainly of men, women and children thronged this place. As you climbed up the RC stairways to the road of memoirs, one could be transported back to the olden days in a second. From the ice kacang stall to a typical Chinese family home in the woods , it is nostalgic feeling all the way. 

Qing Xing Ling Cultural Village
You just gotta hats it off to the proprietors for making the place as authentic as it could be as if you are in that olden days era. It was heartwarming seeing some things we used to have as a child or even items from our old homes of yesteryears. Truly amazing. But it is real hot in Ipoh that day,man. Perspiration flowed easily while sweat glands just continue to ooze out those precious sweat water as we consumed more water to hydrate ourselves. SL & SYuen looked tanned and the usual, " It is so hot!" or " I can't feel my legs anymore" quips ( Thank you , Symphany & Tiffany! You two lovelies! ) made us all laugh to our hearts content despite the blistering hot sun giving us a show of its sweet rays! 
SLing & SYuen

The Banjaran Hotspring Retreat was our next destination. I must say our hostess, Cik Noreen who showed us around the retreat is a perfect host. She showed us the wonderful places the retreat could offer. The place took our breath away with such wonderful spa , massage, relaxation and even limestone hill diner facilities and not forgetting, meditation room with walls and place adorned with crystals stones. What a place!  

What I liked most was the large yoga platform facing the tranquil hot pool. Now, that is a fantastic view, my friends! So calm, relaxing and so nice la........ The cost for a night could blow your mind away while I must remind myself to get a lottery ticket!!
The hot water pool.....nice....

Ivan, get that lottery ticket or dream some 4D numbers before you can get to such a wonderful place! God, please made it happen for us! Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa..... I was just joking but to be here and get a sample of what it is like at this place - it is super priceless for an average working Joe like me.  Truly a great place for relaxing and some peace and quiet which I craved a lot. Just imagine soaking yourself is a hot water pool and enjoying the sights of lime stone hill and waterfall. Truly a captivating place.....

As I bid farewell to Cik Noreen and pulled away from the retreat, I could only reflect on the hot water shower device I have in my bathroom for the time being. I guess, that will do for the time being.......... Quoting the famous words of Arnold " I'll be back! ".........Sure, now , where did my lottery ticket go?

  

No comments: