Monday, September 26, 2016

Murtabak Kambing....

The kawan-kawan and family at the Restaurant Bohari.....
There is a new place whereby my good friend, Fook Meng swore that the murtabak kambing is the best in the world as far as he was concerned. The fact that FookMeng raved about its goodness makes the anticipation to taste this morsel such a kancheong fare, I tell you. But you know what, he is absolutely spot on when it comes to his food. Prior to tasting this bready goodness, his graphic description makes the saliva drool to its side especially if you are a food lover like me. One look at the sideways of me, you will definitely see where all the muscles had gone….exactly…GONE ! Hey, Round is a shape, people! Yessiree, round is a shape and a fine one, I tell you.

Anyway, this buddy of mine actually gave us a sampler during our Friday corporate prayers.....to be exact , we “hijacked and ate” the murtabak kambing pieces off our pastor’s packed container, actually. Well, you can’t keep good food from food loving people, right? To do so would be extremely sinful and cruel since we had just finished prayer meeting and there sure were some hungry folks around, I tell you! Yeah, it was good and definitely good.
 
Two good ol' blokes having the murtabak kambing!
Fook Meng described the fare as “an explosion of spices, succulent meat , sambal and dhall curry bringing it such a mixture of great explosion of culinary fare in the mouth! “  It was that vivid and graphic explanation that made me say to myself , "This one I’ve gotta to try! " When he says things like that a trip to the shop is the most likely response and true enough, friends and yours truly were at Restaurant Bohari in Kota Laksamana to get a sample of that goodness explosion. An entourage of good friends and family were gathered at the restaurant to sample the goodness that was offered by this restaurant. We were not letdown by the food and the service - this, I must say! 

Earlier, road trip to this place was hell as Mat Rempits were everywhere on the main roads causing so much unpleasantness to the motorists. I just wished that these Mat Rempits would go to the racing track near Air Keroh toll house and finished their life once and for all at the prepared tracks there. At the tracks, they could bawled out their innards or internal organs on the tracks or have their legs, hands, toes, eyes or even their brain matter broken, splatter or even missing as far as I was concerned. A real social menace and nuisance to the society, actually. I mince not my words when I say this to the Mat Rempits - law breakers, careless, arrogant and dastardly road bullies. I am really displeased that our ruling govt approved of such behavioural pattern of loafing, goofing off and even pure laziness in or young people. If there is an iota of actual care, these Mat Rempits should be given a few good strokes of rotans, some nasi bungkus slammer time and asked them to straighten up their lives! Good for nothing clowns! This culture of messing up motorist car/vehicles, kicking motorist bumpers, smashing side windows, ramping up their m/cycles and intimidation/rough house tactics are disgracefully childish, immature and blatantly moronic. I’ve got no kind words for people like these who are generally “monkey see, monkey do” imitators! If you breed racism and intimidation tactics , this is what you get/produce in your future generation! It is actually such a sad thing to see young people/boys and even young women participating in such useless and senseless act of loafing and goofing around when they could have done something else more meaningful and productive like sharing time with their loved ones and caring for their elders. Ah….come to think of it, another bunch of clowns will be running the country for years to come, I guess!
 
The gastronomical delight, murtabak kambing.........
Anyway, leaving the ugly and sad episode aside, we arrived late at the restaurant while our friends and their families were there early. SLing ordered the murtabak ayam and I went for the murtabak kambing. Sure, it took a while for the food to come as there is some preparation to it. I guess, the anticipation and the wait was quite intense and worthwhile as you wanna just dig into the good stuff and saviour the lingering joy in such a high fashion! While some kawan-kawan ordered roti canai, thosai, maggi goreng and roti telur, I awaited eagerly for the arrival of my gastronomically delightful , murtabak kambing.

When the metal platter with my murtabak kambing hit the table, I could immediately get the aromatic scent of the spices and the ever wonderful goat meat aroma. Yup, folks, secondary heaven had arrived. I immediately tore to the murtabak and gotten a small piece to my mouth and savored the magical moment of flavorful explosion. After closing my eyes for a few blistering seconds, it happened. Like a portable cement mixer, the spices kicked in and the soft but firm meat of the goat plus a good dose of sambal and curry dhall did the trick,man! It was good…very good indeed.   When Fook Meng asked me, “ Hah, good ,eh?” smiling sheepishly and grinning from ear to ear,  I just could only muttered a soft “ Good” as I was still enjoying that goodness. Yeah, it was that good and in fact, it was perfect. Maybe, I have not tasted other stalls or restaurant serving murtabak kambing before but I must say, this one tasted really good. Yes, the trick was to get a good dose of sambal to go with this murtabak kambing and once you get the right dose of sambal and pieces of murtabak together, it is open heavens! Yup, with good ol’ teh halia kurang manis, it washed down nicely into the ever waiting voluminous and bottomless belly of mine! Hahahahhahaaaaaaaa...............
Yup folks! The crowd goes "wild" after murtabak kambing!

I can’t tell what others think of the fare but I simply enjoyed it very much. I guess, the great laughters and fellowship that ensued were good enough cause to gather but to have a good murtabak kambing fare was the bonus of it all. The fellowship and the warmth shared as friends were enormously great. With great food fare at the sides, what more could the old blokes and the not-so-old-blokes ( like me! Hahahahaha........) asked for…… As we bade our good nights and goodbyes, I could not help but feel that we definitely have found a new place to “freak out” and to have fellowship plus great food along the way…..murtabak kambing jingling all the way to home, I guess……..in a very satisfied belly…………..

No comments: