Friday, September 16, 2016

The Opportunity....Sharing The Word

The one thing I can do quite okay... better than sharing ....hahahahaa..
Bangkitlah! ( Yesaya 60:1)  - This was my message scripture last Sunday as I shared in the OA Sunday morning service. I must admit that though I was nervous and had butterflies in my stomach, my mind was racing like 100m runner and I was overly concerned if I would do well even before it even started, I made it! Gosh, I was a nervous old fella indeed that morning but the morning gathering and prayers held by the worship leader, musicians and Sunday school teacher helped me eased up a lot. It was the morning after the all night long work at the Pondok Buku!

the sweet sweet langsat..... from Pak Ghani...
Once again, I must thanked Bro.Errol and Bro.Edwin for giving me the encouragement and support to speak/share a Sunday morning message. As I looked back and turned back the clock to a couple of years ago, I am most glad that I had fulfilled one of the things that was spoken over my life. I may not be good in my BM but I just took it at heart that I wanted to inspire and be an encourager to the congregation that morning. Yup , my eyes were transfixed on Him and the congregation that morning.

The physical food galore by our women folk....
I had prepared my message earlier ( 2 days before driving out to the OA village ) and I tried getting the words correct as I wrote out the outline of my message. Somehow, some small still but firm voice had asked to share the experience of a dark period of my life to encourage the congregation that morning. In obedience, I did and words just came out that day. I guess, what was important for me is that I took that step of faith despite being exhausted to my bones from work the previous day and used an episode of my life as encouragement to the congregation consisting of young and old, men and women of OA community.

I felt so lifted up and confident as I spoke on. Maybe, seeing that the people were listening to me helped me a lot while no one left their seats to go to the toilet is a good sign indeed! I must admit that I do not know how I managed to get through speaking and sharing the Word in BM. I knew that I did not struggle much to say what I wanted to say though the sharing of my story was kinda a bummer story as I recalled the difficult times. I guess I just wanted the people to know how much they are loved by GOD and how they could be an encourager to one another. 
The future...baby Gary & Jessica.....
I asked for GOD to give me that strength and courage to put forward my sharing that morning. I am so glad and relieved when I am done! Phew! No eggs are thrown or no disruption at all! hahahahahahaha...... Sure, there will be children running around and shouting at the top of their voices but it is all good. What is important is that the Good News is shared and the people are encouraged. 

Yup....Sharing the Word with much enthusiasm.......
It is my hope that the OA community would rise up, keep their faith and trust in the Lord always. With so much challenges, trials, tribulation and corrupts ways they had to endure each day, I pray that they would be steadfast in their faith and loved one another.

I also pray that their yield in the fields would multiply and be in abundance so that they could prosper without being harassed and cheated all their lives of the hard work they put in. Somehow, the rambutans and the langsats come sweeter that morning, this year. Lord, you are good! May you continue to prosper the hands of the OA community! Felt very blessed indeed!


No comments: