Thursday, October 27, 2016

My Testimony....

Today, I want to share about one of the most encouraging thing that happened in my life recently. Not too long ago, I went for a camp in PD and I had learnt so much from that camp/seminar. Attended by some OA youths and adults plus some truly passionate families and friends, it was truly an eye opener for most of us.

The accommodation provided was superbly clean and adequate while the food served was also adequate and delicious too. Nothing luxurious but enough for a camp/seminar such as this. Of course, it was a great event and it was such a great learning curve for me as I learned to be like one of the participants and see the greatness of our God.

I almost miss this camp/seminar as I wasn’t sure if I could make this due to a lot of personal matters that had occurred and the ever pressing mount of decisions to make in life. Look, it ain’t easy being breadwinner for the family and decisions would have to be made soon and I just put it off my mind and heart for a while.


Yes, like everyone else, I do struggle a lot in making crucial decisions and I sometimes felt the brunt and weight of heavy responsibilities on my shoulders. Someone used to tell me that fathers are supposed to be like that – shouldering the responsibilities, cry in silence and away from the prying eyes and be like a strong tower for the family even in the most difficult times. I guess, fathers would have to go through that but we are human too, right? Thank God, literally, that I have great listening and BIG hearted friends!!! Seriously, GOD listens…..

Coming back to the camp/seminar, I just want to share my testimony of what had happened on one of the nights of the camp/seminar. During one of our late night supper, Edwin, Errol, Joa Wee and myself were having a grand time of fellowship and drinks at the cafeteria of the centre. In one of the moments, Errol and I walked towards the hot water area and made ourselves some coffee and Milo drinks there for Joa Wee and Edwin. As we walked pass the path that led to our table, we had to pass through a table belonging to another group of church participants from Kampar, Perak.


There on that table which belonged to the participants from Kampar was a squarish blue top container filled with the famous Kampar “ kaya kok “. The moment I saw it, I knew that the kaya kok not only looked good but would taste fabulous indeed. Somehow, my heart and my mind sorta spoke up simultaneously, “ Lord, how I wish I could have a piece of one of those lovely kaya kok! They looked so good, Lord! “ as Errol and I walked passed the Kampar participants’ table.

To me, it was a simple and innocent request of my heart's desire and later, I came to know that Errol had the same thought as I did! I guess, both of us were praying that we would have a taste of that lovely kaya kok from Kampar. It wasn’t that long later, probably, 20 minutes later that a bespectacled young man and a young woman from the Kampar group approached our table as all fours of us were engrossed in our conversation, and asked us if we would like to have some Kampar kaya kok. Errol and myself looked at each other and then to Edwin and Joa Wee, who were puzzled too but we quickly took the blessings off the hands of the young man. All four of us thanked him profusely for the wonderful blessings and the young man just asked us to finish up the kaya kok and leave the container at the table as we go off that nite. There was about nine pieces of kaya kok in the container box! "Heavenly sent!" was what flashed right before my mind, to be honest!

Oh God, How wonderful you are to even listen to the very minute desires/cries of our hearts! I was so stunned for a moment and so was Errol. When I related my wish earlier to Edwin, Joa Wee and Errol when I passed through the table, Errol exclaimed excitedly too that he had the same wish and now God had fulfilled that small requests of ours even though no one knew what we had in mind. Edwin and Joa Wee shared our joy and the four of us had a piece of lovely kaya kok in our hands! Sure enough, it tasted real good indeed….real good!

It just goes to show me that our God listens and honours those who honor Him despite all our shortcomings. I am so thankful in my heart that God hears even the smallest of our request! I felt so blessed...so blessed indeed. That night, I could not sleep well as I thought of what had happened and that small incident of miracle from our loving Father in heaven. Only God can do that miracle and only God hears that intently to the cries of our hearts and his people. I am so humbled and thankful that He cares to listen to our pleas even no matter how ridiculous it may be. How each day we have taken advantage, complained and even come before His Throne with our own ridiculous shopping list and yet, He is ever so patient and kind.

I am really thankful that God is so real to me despite my highs and lows in life. His ever loving ways and goodness prevailed even though I doubted, wearied , broken and sometimes questioned my own sanity but He is able and good.


THANK YOU, Lord! You are my testimony and you are my GOODNESS! All Glory and Honour to Him!

No comments: