Monday, March 5, 2012

Voice 2

Yunno, I love singing - from hallways to bathrooms....yeah but seriously, I can't sing, man. If you asked me to sing to bring down the rain  probably that will work! I may be the undisputed champion of the bathroom singing of all time but I love watching singing talent shows. One of such show is The Voice Season 2. Hot on the heels on this show, I think , is the American Idol Season 11. How to tell them apart you may ask and my simple explanation would be that The Voice is sorta platform for struggling artist or people who already are playing at gigs/places or people with really good singing voice while American Idol 11 is more for discovery of raw talent. Well, that's my interpretation, anyway. I really like The Voice 2 this year. So many really talented people! The singing level is so much higher this year and a variety of talented artists are noted. Quality wise too had improved tremendously and it sure will be competitive to finally emerged as The Voice winner of Season 2.

My family and I had been watching the blind auditions for The Voice and AI 11 ever since it started and I must say, we really had a lot of fun seeing the talents and the entertainment that comes with it. Sorta stress reliever during these times. And yunno what, it makes our family knit closer. We can discuss , talk about singers and even share a meal together at the livingroom, laughed, teased each other and even make observations. We also have our own favourites to win the competition. Speaking of The Voice, it was fun to see the judges namely Adam Levine, Christina Aguilera, Ce Lo Green and Blake Shelton battling the wits to win over the artists to their team. Personally, I think they are really choosy this year and their pick of singers are quite stringent. So, it would be interesting to see how they stack up/compete against one another later in the singing competition. Seriously, I see interesting talents in people like Chris Mann, Jesse Campbell, Tony Lucca, Gwen Sebastian and a whole more of other talented singers. As usual, there will be winners and losers in such a competition - hopefully may the best singer wins.

The one thing I have learned is that there is always a passion for singing but let us not forget the Giver of that voice. Many have forgotten that the talent, the beautiful voice range and all that is associated with our voice can only come from one source - Our Creator. Let us be thankful and not forget that even as we become bathroom singers , that gift and ability to make a sound is itself one of the greatest gift to mankind by Our Creator. Imagine how the mute yearns to be able to speak or the deaf yearns to be able to hear and the blind yearns to be able to see!~

No comments: