Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hosting honour....

Last Saturday, I had the rare opportunity to play host to one special pastor's family whom I have come to know during a brief period of time during my travels in Penang. Even though it was for a short period of time, I have come to learn and respect this man of God for his values, easy-going ways and spiritual insights. A small framed man packed with a punch of goodness, smiles and true blue in the spiritual Word. Always with a word of encouragement and a truly easy -going person, I was really delighted to be able to see him and his family.  So, you can imagine my joy when I get the opportunity to have Pastor Geoffrey Yee and his family for one half of the day as the other half, he would have to get to Port Dickson for their church camp. 

That morning I was awake early and I anticipated eagerly in meeting pastor and his family. Though I enjoy food a lot, I was really having difficulty in getting the "good" food places in my head ready for their visit. I was trying my very best to "plan" the best I can for this family. I didn't know what was their food preferences and I had to call up my buddy,Vive, to ask for some insights but it seemed that pastor and his family is okay with food. Anyway, I planned up some historical sight seeing and some food in store. When I finally met them at the toll both, it was really a joy to see Pastor Geoffrey, Sis Felicia and their children, Joshua, Rachel and Ruth. Gosh! The children had grown up and become fine young man and women. How much they have grown and how old I have become. As for Pastor Geoffrey and Sis Felicia, they are evergreen-lar always. After bringing them to my humble home, we proceeded to the Batu Berendam Ball-Ball chicken rice shop and it was a barrel of fun as pastor thought that we are having "so much fishball " and chicken as meal of the day! After the sumptuous ball -ball chicken rice, we were off to the historical sites in Melaka. I decided to chauffeur pastor and his family in my car as I really wanted to have the family to relax and not get into the stress of the Melaka traffic on holidays like this. We were up in the Taming Sari Tower for an aerial view of Melaka town and then it was off to A'Famosa and St.Paul's Hill. 
Though it was blistering hot but we enjoyed the walk and the fellowship that comes with it. I wouldn't know if they enjoyed it or not but I guess, the walk up to St.Paul's Hill was fun and breezy at the top. Plus, we had some entertainment with some Indian drama dance video production. It was a fun time at the top. All the while, I enjoyed my walks and talks with Pastor Geoffrey. Then it was off to San Su Gong for some cold cendol drinks. Initially, I had planned to take the family for some North Indian meal but a quick glance at the watch showed way past lunch hours and the shop would have been closed by then. Also, my wife had to send SYuen for tuition and so, pastor and his family decided to call it quits for the day. At that time, I was so embarrassed if I had been a good host as I know that most makan shops would be closed by that time. Anyway, I had not forgotten to ask SLing to get some pineapple tarts for pastor and his family. So, I decided to take them to see the enormity of Bukit Cina  and as we turned near the roundabout, pastor noted Tangkak Beef Noodle house and that became our stop for a very late lunch. I am glad we stopped as I did not want to send the family on their way without food and what type of host would I be to send my guests on their way without tasting some good food. So, I was sorta happy seeing them having a good dig at the beef noodle. Now, I know that the next time, they come around, Tangkak Beef Noodle will be one of the food destination for sure! Got them some beef jerky and beef floss for their time in PD and it was great being able to serve a truly wonderful family. 

Before leaving, Pastor Geoffrey and his family prayed for me and my family. Truly I am blessed by his insights and words of encouragement. I just wish I could have done more for them but that was the best I could do at that time of the day. Hopefully, they'll be back soon and I could play host to them again. After all, it is truly always a joy to play host to a truly wonderful family and friends. 

No comments: