Monday, September 17, 2012

Jubilee Melaka 2012

Last night, my family and I joined other families of the Christian faith in celebrating Malaysia Day in a very special way. It was Jubilee Melaka 2012. The celebrations started early in our churches and it was a great drum up before the event itself ; later in the early evening. As usual, my family and I went to Dataran Pahlawan early as we did not want to miss the opportunity to gather and rally peacefully, encourage and meet fellow Christians from different churches, sing our hearts out to the Lord and pray to the Lord to bless this nation of ours. I guess, when a good event like this is being organised, the participation from the people is very important. At first, the crowd was a little small except for the P&W team of musicians and singers.I was unduly not worried as the crowd would come because this is a good event. Slowly but surely, the crowd started to trickled in and soon, the trickling became a mass of people singing, dancing and clapping. The P&W team knew that the crowd would have to be led into the spirit of worship and they did just that. It was great knowing that with great co-operation amongst the churches, a mixed worship team was put up to set the right tone and the right atmosphere for the occasion.

I met a lot of new people and familiar ones, as usual, but one in particular, Lily whom I have not met for quite some, stood out during this gathering. We spoke briefly and I got to know that she became a Christian not too long ago as her husband is a Christian. She was genuinely surprised to know that I am a Christian too  but we are both happy at meeting each other. I guess, in many ways, I am glad and happy that I have always remained true to myself and I do not pretend to be who I am not.Well, all I want to say is God is great,yunno.

I met more people and more new people around and soon, a sea of people started to gather. From the very first opening song by the worship team, we were all in one unison. We sang, we danced, we clapped and enjoy the presence of the Lord together with my friends and their families. It was truly an awesome sight and sound especially with the multiple dances and performances. Then, there was the blowing of the shofars signalling the start of the Jubilee celebrations. More shouts of joy, singing , dancing and joyful clappings to the songs followed through. We then had a praying session in small groups for the people and the nation. The people who gathered at the field and the surrounding areas near the stage at Dataran Pahlawan prayed earnestly and in unison for the good of this nation and for the coming generations. 

My family and I were blessed by the gathering. At the back of my mind , I wished that there were more of us out there who would pray earnestly and petition to God for His blessings upon this nation. This is not about the show of the people of our faith but more to openly gather and pray for the well-being of this nation. We can all play our part by being prayerful, respectful and by doing the right thing for the well-being of this nation by petitioning to the One Above so that He would continue to pour out His blessings, protection and well-being of this nation. May we continue to have greater peace, joy, love and prosperity in this country of ours. May God's hand of protection be upon His people and may He poured out His blessings always.

To me, I will always remember this wonderful advice given by a good friend a long time ago - " You may never know how you have encouraged or inspired someone;  for your life may be the only Bible this person knows. "

No comments: