Monday, April 29, 2013

Simple reflection....

Travelling on a scenic path and early morning to one of the work place today was good. I could help but marveled at a sight I saw today. It was a sight of a very young girl holding onto the father on a m/cycle in the early morning mist.. It was really a pretty sight indeed. You see, the girl was seated at the back seat while the father maneuvered his way to send the young one to school. The small size young girl was practically clinging on/latching unto the well built father nestling her face at the back body of his father. This scene played on my mind as I traveled to my destination. I could not shake it off and I know, it is my daily lesson with God.

It often reminded me that just like the young girl - how much we have all forgotten to hang on to our Father in heaven. We are all so aware of the promises that had been laid in front of us by our Father in heaven but we always seemed to want to go our way or turn wayward. In a world where stolen waters, stolen joy, temptations and the lust of the night are considered norms of life, we have forgotten how to cling on to the One that mattered most, turned away from these temptations and rest in His soothing Words. I must say, I am no exception too, at times. Many times, when we are faced with our challenges, our fears, our adversaries or even the unfolding of unfortunate events in our lives and yet we run to a corner and hide ourselves away from the dusty and weary world we live in. Our problems, our difficulties, our pain, our reservations, our short-comings all seemed to be bigger than God himself. We have always forgotten that we have a bigger God indeed who just wants us to cling on to him and trust Him. A God of a future and hope. A God of love, merciful and great grace.  

To many detractors, trusting Him may be just a little absurd and a waste of time, but daily miracles in our daily lives don't lie either. We are the living miracle of God's goodness. Sometimes we abused our lives so much with envy, reservation, mistrust, negativity, jealousy and self-pity that we practically deprived God's miracle working in our lives. Sometimes, I do wish I was the young girl on that m/cycle clinging on to strong father and trusting the rider of my life, GOD. 

Let us not lose sight of God in our heart, our mind and our soul. Our adversary knows that when we lose sight of our rider of life, we get derailed in our faith and we fall into temptation and sin so easily. Hang on to our Father in heaven no matter what you go through today. Afterall, He had paid the ultimate price for us IN FULL! Have a great week ahead!~     

No comments: