Monday, June 24, 2013

Hectic...

Yesterday, I  was privileged to be given the opportunity to do the sharing of the Word with the young people. I have always enjoyed being able to share the Word in whatever capacity I was in but this time, it was different. I really have to really prioritize my tight time schedule so that I don't mess up while continuing to do what I need to do for the coming days. In whatever capacity or responsibilities given to me, I would just do my best , hope for the best and leave the rest in the hands of my Maker..

The last few days prior to this speaking arrangement were hectic. There was just never ending meetings , energy sapping and mind boggling ( sometimes to the verge of insanity & absolute retarded ) discussions plus arrangements for a friend's visit. Like I said, in everything I do, I just tried to do my best. So, in between discussions and meetings, I tried looking for restaurants & places of interest to bring my friend from KL to go to. Needless to say, my friend has her preferences when it comes to food choices and  place of interest; and so, I just went on to do what I needed to do. Then, in the midst of it all, I received a SMS asking me if I could help out in a Sunday sharing which I gladly took up as any chance I could get to inspire the young people is fine with me. On top of it, there's an exam to study for ( ISOM T4 class )  which consisted of 25 very difficult questions if you have not been reading the materials.  So, I juggled it all week and in between papers & pens , flying spectacles, raised voices, loggerheads decisions and staying calm, I realised that I was battling the "giants" in my life. That's how I received the inspiration to share the Word - "Facing Your Giants."

I guess, in many ways, I am so thankful to God for this very life of mine. I took some time off from work to study for the exams, prepare the notes for my sharing and then get ready for a splendid evening with this lovely friend of mine. I count it a privilege for me to do what I am able to do simply because I wouldn't want it any other way. In one night, I could be as confused and giddy as an Easter bunny on the street or at the concrete bench by the riverside while on the other hands, I could still prepare my sharing, pray in peace and deliver the message to the young people. I felt so pressured and boxed into a corner at times but blessed that I did not fall apart yet went through everything with great patience and calmness. When it was time for me to share the message to the young people, I shared my heart out. I would never know how the message would touch the young people but I have to take heart that I have shared the very best I could. Whether it will be an encouragement or not, I'll just have to believe that something good would help change these young lives.

I guess, I learnt that our responsibilities can be a huge thing on our shoulders. Would I change the circumstances I have to go through if I had the choice? I guess NOT. 

No comments: