Friday, June 21, 2013

Mussings....

A little bird once told me that we all have in one way or another would have a blast in the past somehow though at times, I want to join the skeptics in their view. But somehow, it would come out one way or another and we just have to embrace that blast - good or bad. I want to say that I am no exception either. Though sometimes I do wish that they remain a buried blast in the past and whatever questions, fancies, fantasy, delights, pains, embarrassments or even "aha" moments go unanswered but I have to accept the fact that it does somehow comes up and the curiosity to get "answers" would be obtained when one meet up or own up with that person/persons from the past.

I must admit that for me, I just wanted to lie low and keep that part of my life quiet and live in the wonderful memories of times ; lest, flow with the changing tides and time but somehow, when you get the opportunity to meet the very people that you want to meet, you get all tongue-tied and feel like little dumb-ass from that era. So many questions to asks and so many answers to expect!  It was like that for me when I got the opportunity to meet up with this friend of mine last night. It was an opportunity and a night which I would cherish a lot. It was truly a poignant moment of being able to laugh, talk and reminiscent the times of our lives. Last night meeting brought us back to some 3 decades of innocent fun, laughter, disappointments, pains but most important of all, the sharing from our hearts of what had happened and the answering of the questions that plagued our minds in a good way all these years. It was really good to be able to meet up with this friend of mine. Really , really good indeed.  

One thing I have learned from the meeting last night was the tremendous respect we had for each other despite our differences in thoughts and actions, the lives we live with, the wonderful memories of fun, words of encouragement, the things we do for each other , the sarcasm , the teasing, the musings and the fussings. I guess, those are memories we will never be able to erase from our minds because they somehow shape our lives to move forward and to be a better person. I truly appreciate my friend's honesty, feisty & colourful character and the fickleness though sometimes, it irritates me like mad but that's who that person is. I do feel awkward and uncomfortable at times when certain questions were raised but I have so much respect for this person for the tenacity to survive in that person's life. I am glad that this friend of mine is in good hands and that comforted my heart a lot knowing how vulnerable that person could be. Though I truly must say with all honesty that I cannot endorse some of the views given but I respected that and told my friend that we are always presented with choices & consequences. I do hope this friend of mine would make a good decisions in her life. We will stay in touch with one another and just being friends to each other. I guess, we have enjoyed a wonderful evening of food, drinks and music but most important of all, we have enjoyed each others company. Nothing extravagant , yet simple & meaningful indeed.

BTW, my friend looked ravishingly beautiful and radiant in black. She say " it gives the illusion of a slimmer silhouette and the color suits her personality"!  Good looking indeed not that I looked intently but it is a compliment which I need to say when the fact warrants it. So, to my good friend - cherished and remembered!~  

No comments: