Wednesday, July 10, 2013

MMUCF Sharing.....

Last night, I had the humble opportunity to share the Word with the young men and women of   MMUCF Melaka. The theme of the night was "Love God" and it was essential for these young men and women to love God with all their hearts, mind, soul and strength. That was the passion in my heart as I shared this message. I must thank Chris, Hannah, Maureen, Janice and their team of MMUCF for giving me that opportunity to share the Word. I guess, they knew nothing of me but they took a chance on a fool like me to share the Word. I think, they are so very brave to allow me to speak at their weekly CF meeting where there other more highly decorated speakers who could have taken my place and spoken more eloquently and expounding the Word better. But instead, they allowed me, a flawed and cracked pot to take the stage last night. I am humbled and thankful for the invitation indeed.

I must admit that I was nervous and for the first time, I had to really "prepare " myself. As I arrived at the hall and after the formality greetings, I headed to a the room up the stairs to a quiet place to seek the Lord's strength for the night. How I sought the Lord so earnestly that He would filled the meeting place with His presence. I don't know if I had been a good speaker or not but I gave my very best from my heart. It had been quite rough week for me eventhough I was given enough time ( 5 days before the sharing night ) to prepare for the sharing. I don't know if I'll ever be asked to come back to share with the group again but I know that I had given my best for the young people. Last night, though my scripture verse was from John 15 : 12 - "My command is this: Love each other as  I have loved you." I did not expound on this verse but rather show them another verse of the scripture which would exactly explained the verse above. I had expounded on Luke 10:27 simply because the first ( Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your mind, all your soul and all your strength ) is the foundation of the second ( Love your neighbour as your own ) while the second is explicitly bound to the first. I do hope these young men and women have learned something and challenged in a way to love GOD passionately and to do HIS will.  

The keys are as follows:-

Love God with all your heart - Make GOD the treasure in your heart
Love God with all your mind - Sharpened your mind with purity, the things of God, learn reason; knowledge Love God will all your soul - Make Godly choices, obedience to God, humble & humility
Love God will all your strength - Use your Godly gifts/ gifting /talents to serve Him

I must confess that though I was having a pretty bad bout of flu, cough, fever and my throat was killing  me but it will NEVER stop me from coming to the meeting and to give praise and share about the goodness of the Lord. I am truly blessed by His grace upon me as I did not cough even once when sharing His Word! It was after I had finished that I was coughing like mad at an eatery to catch a good cup of coffee before I go off to sleep immediately. I am so thankful in my heart to have that opportunity. I guess, I asked for it when I asked the Lord to enlarge my tent. Yes, I have asked for the opportunity to share from children dept to the youth and now to the young people. He did just that for me! I do hope I did not offend anyone with what I say last night. I must admit that maybe they are not accustomed to hearing "hard message" but that's how I share the Word. Hopefully, I had not stepped on anyone's shoes but been a encouragement and a challenge to them.

As I was about to walk out of the hall, Chris gave me a "Thank You" card. I told him immediately that I will not take the "contents" between the card ( that has been my principle all these years ) and that I would be more grateful for just the card itself. For me, it wasn't about money, fame, popularity, status or whatsoever, it was more to honour and giving all due praises to my Maker. I am more contented to sing His praises than anything else in this world. For who I am without Him? I am what I am today is simply because of His love, His grace and His mercy for me. I don't know about you but that is as good as it gets!   

No comments: