Tuesday, November 19, 2013

18thNov....

There is a saying that behind every successful man lies the support of a great woman. I tend to agree with this statement lest I spend time sleeping in the bathtub or the cold hard tiles flooring. Seriously, I am all in support of this statement. I guess, in my life that woman is SLing. Last Monday, the children and I celebrated SLing's birthday privately. Earlier, we had a joint anniversary and birthday celebrations at Nubacha Restaurant, a small yet cosy restaurant in town. 

A woman of great faith and great tenacity is how I would describe SLing. For years now, she had been the driving force in getting this family together and running the family with her own little loving regime. Sure, she can be bossy at times but which woman wouldn't be bossy, right? However, she had been very supportive of me and the children over the years and her encouragement are the source of my joy many times. Of course, just like an other woman, her tempers flare whenever it warrants her fiesty way or even works that needed to be done. Despite her aloof disposition appearance, she could be humorous, funny and crazy at times when you have come to know her. 

Direct, sharp and sometimes tongue lashing are never far from her when one gets into the wrong path with her. Many times, I bear the brunt of her tongue lashing when I do get into trouble and mischief. However, everything is done in a loving way. Honestly, I could never imagine a life without her. She is such a part of me which I will cherish for the rest of my life. Rightly so because not only she took care of me, my children and my household, she practically sacrificed a lot for this family despite her regimented tough ways at times. 

I remembered the days I started out in the private sector which was volatile at that time. She gave me words of encouragement and helped me adjust the work ethics from the private sector perspective. She also helped me get through of not worrying for the children while she takes care of them as I built my career then. She is a great and wonderful mother to my children and I felt blessed indeed.

I am appreciative of SLing simply because of her simple ways. She is one that is never to crave of anything that we couldn't afford or simply make do with what we have. She is also a very simple person and that was what that attracted me the most to her in those days. She is just wonderful beyond explanation though. One thing we made a promise to one another was to grow old together - I intend to keep that promise with her and it would be my greatest honour to fulfill that dream with her. It would be a real honour to do that with her.

So, Happy Birthday , dear SLing and may the Lord bless you abundantly with love, peace and joy always! 

No comments: