Thursday, November 21, 2013

Gut feeling....

Two nights ago, I feel refreshed and inspired after coming home from a meeting with the youth leaders of my church. I feel so much inspired simply because I have seen a good change in these leaders. I see their hearts , their commitment and their passion in inspiring young people in our church today. I am glad that this passion in them burned bright and strong and I see so much hope in this youth ministry with leaders like that. 

Though they have different talents, giftings, likes and dislikes, they make a good strong team. Sure, we are all flawed in certain ways but the drive to do their best for the ministry did not falter at all. Honestly, I am more blessed seeing them pouring their heart out for the young people. As we planned for the coming Christmas party, mission trip and plans for the next year, I am proud to say that they have learned well indeed. 

People like Kenneth, Jessica, Jenny, Jui Shan, David Lee and Jonathan Lim really inspired me a lot. Throughout the planning of the Christmas party, I could see their vigor in ensuring that this will be a great party for the young people. It really brightened up my heart and perspective as I hear them speak of what they want to do at the party. I thank God that they worked as a team and a coherent one too. Many a times, you feel blessed when you are working with one purposeful and united team of leaders. There are times I often wonder "what have I got myself into" feeling and sometimes, it tends to get frustrating.

However, over the months, I was really encouraged by friends and also good supporters to give it my best. They convinced me that it is never easy serving in a ministry because the work is hard and the outward rewards are small but the unseen rewards are big enough to warm one's heart. I am never the one for outward reward but always the smile and the warmth of hearts. Maybe I am a little too hard to myself or as my friends used to say " too hot a pace" for others to follow. I guess, I must learn to be patient, practise more listening skills or even impart better skills to the leaders and youths as a whole.

Generally , as the church is a small one, generally everyone is involved in everything, from singing to dancing to ushering to teaching and so on. Basically, it is everyone to everything , every one is involved in one way or another. The good part is that it is such a warm and vibrant atmosphere plus the friendships made are fantastic. However, the work is endless and I try to steer the leaders away from getting "burnt out". - the number one reason why people quit in ministry! I am thankful and ever thankful that I have been entrusted to lead such a team. I know my work ahead of me is much harder as our nemesis would not be happy in any way but it is the Lord that enables us. Is it not? Sure, we will get whacked physically, mentally and socially at times but what the heck, we stand strong and weather through it all with an open heart. what could be worst that the Lord's nailing to the cross, right? Every time, I think of this, I am really strengthened in my spirit.

I just hope that people would see what I can do and what I can't do. I am just human all the time; only my heart is superhuman because He enabled me. Cheers and good day ahead!
     


No comments: