Sunday, November 17, 2013

24

This month of November will always be a month of wonderful memories. Even though this November months signalled the coming of closing of another chapter of memories, it is also a month of significance to me.

On 15th November, SLing and I celebrated our 24th year of our union in marriage. Yup! That was the day 24 years ago, we scribbled our signatures down the dotted line of the marriage certificate and that started our journey together in life. I most certainly would like to say that it had been a great 24 years of marriage but not without it's ups and downs. There are days I have often wondered how we made it thus far and I am serious about it. As I looked back at the years that had gone by, I can only say that the sacredness, the love and the care we had for one another brought us through. There had been tough days and there had been trying days indeed but what made us stronger was the fact that we genuinely love one another and truly weather through the storms in life with much patience, kindness and positive outlook. I am thankful that over the years, we did not have any serious disagreements nor unrealistic trying times but we certainly weather through  those difficult times with the love from God. I have God to thank for enabling me to have a woman in SLing. She is not only patient, kind, grounded and realistic; she is passionate about the family, loving and a very good hearted woman. 

There are days we do argue like cats and dogs over even the simplest of matters but the love passion we have for one another usually make us patch up easily and move on in our lives. I guess, I can only say for myself that she has been a wonderful confidante, friend, a wife , a mother and a great partner in life. I wouldn't trade her for anything else in this world. That's simple honest truth from me. I know that there are times, I seemed aloof and afar at times , but she is never a word of encouragement away. I've also realised that as the years goes by, our fragile relationship gets stronger each day despite the temptations, the trials and the tribulations that comes our way. Let us not be clouded by the fact that temptations are just round the corner and we need to be vigilant all the time lest we fall into such temptations which will not only harm our relationship but also the harmony of the family. I stand convinced that the well-being of the family rest on the truth and transparency of a loving husband -wife-family relationship. Without these, chaos and havoc would have wrecked our family. I am thankful that SLing has been good in keeping this family of ours together. So, today, I salute SLing for being that woman in my life and keeping me sane or insanely in love with one another all these years! 

So, thanks, dear for being just that loving wife that helped make me sane and purely insanely in love with you! Happy anniversary and may the Lord's peace and love shower our relationship and may His love keep us alive in His name. Here's to SLing! We've got many more years to go, dearie!


No comments: