Thursday, January 16, 2014

Machap Marvels....

Last Sunday, the Youth leaders decided to make a trip to Machap Baru for our "dinner reward" after the successful CCC Youth Superhero Night 2013. Eleven of us ( Kenneth, Jessica, Jonathan, David, Jui Shan, Charlene, Jenny, John, SYuen, SLing and myself ) "squeezed" ourselves into the Starex van as we headed out to our destination for our meal and fun time of fellowship. I guess, to me, it wasn't so much for the food but the recognition for all the worthwhile effort, hardwork and dedication in ensuring the success of the event.

As I am attached as an advisor and do advisory level of the ministry, I am really thankful that the team leaders are well receptive of ideas, fellowship and changes that comes the way. I am most happy to see that these young leaders are really passionate, dedicated and fun people. Everyone to his or her own strengths and weakness, I have learned that we all can learn from one another and make the ministry a success. Team work is pivotal and I am so glad that there is so much teamwork in getting a lot of things done in this ministry. I am encouraged by what I see is in store in the coming years but I'll definitely miss the services of David and Jui Shan who would probably be leaving once they have finished their studies here. For whatever "little" time they had here, they have "poured and squeezed out" their very best for the young people and I am very very appreciative of that. Their influence and impact will always be a gem to the young ones.

I am truthful in saying that CCC Melaka has always been a vibrant young people's church whereby students from nearby colleges would frequent and serve during their college days. It has been a "transit" church for many aspiring young men and women while the Christian foundational teachings had been solid and firm. If it will be His will, some will stay back to find careers here while some would just venture into the other parts of the states to start their careers. No matter what, CCC Melaka will always play that influential part in these young lives. I am amazed that the church as a whole genuinely love, care and cherished these young lives.

For me, personally, having worked with these young leaders, I have learned to respect their views, their work rate and even their commitment. The pinnacle was the carrying out of the Youth Superhero Night which was a real success. So, to celebrate this success, away we went for a good dinner together as we laughed, fellowship and even share some lighter moments of life.

As I was looking at each and everyone of them, I felt proud and a sense of love for all these young people. Yunno, it is very easy for an old fella like me to always want my way in doing certain things but these young people has taught me what it meant to accommodate, to be patient and even to let go of certain things. I must admit that it wasn't easy for me because I had a team who "knew" what I wanted to do and what is my next move but with a new team in ministry, I had to start all over again. A wise old friend/leader spoke to me that I need to impart to the new team of people who will be as passionate and as understanding plus as patient as the last one but at the same time, I must be able to reach, teach and keep leaders and young people for Christ! That was the importance. I have kept that in my mind without a doubt.

That night, as I looked around me, every one of them are so special indeed.  Kenneth & Jessica are just a great and dynamic young couple in the Lord. Jonathan is efficient, strong in the Word and precise. Jenny is witty, humorous, creative and helpful. Jui Shan is soft spoken, silently strong,  and helpful. David is extra-ordinarily passionate, creative, helpful, strong in the Word and very sharp mentally. Charlene is ever smiling, grounded, helpful, strong willed and great person. John is quiet, hardworking, witty, ever smiling, grounded and ever willing to help. The one thing they all share in common is that they are always a smile away. That is such a blessing, actually.  Such cheerful hearts and cheerful disposition. I really like that in the leaders.

The million dollar question - Would I put my life up for them? ........ My answer: ABSOLUTELY YES!    

No comments: