Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Ashley is FIVE!


I've always enjoyed the times when I get to celebrate Ryan or Ashley birthday as these two young fellas surely bring a lot of joy to my heart. Last week, we celebrated Ashley's birthday and the theme was "Frozen". I guess, I must take my hats off in admiration and all gratitude to Ashley's parents, Wei & Jade ( my brother -in-law and sister-in-law ) for really taking the trouble in making it a really nice birthday party for their daughter, Ashley.

As my colleague wanted to exchange /switch working weekends with me, SL and I travelled back earlier and managed to join in Ashley McD party with her friends. If I am not mistaken, there were about 11 of them joining in the party together with some parents. From the very first 5 year old that arrived at the party, I told myself " Oh! Oh! here comes trouble!!!! " I can safely tell you this - those 5 year olds and younger ones can be a handful and heart /lungs stoppers too! They have energy level like some raging bulls on steroids while their actions, words and minds can be quite filled with TVB crime busters series moves!     

I guess, when you have a kid's birthday party, the best thing to do is to get out of their way but "Smart Alec" me and SL tried our best to accommodate them at the McD children's indoor playground and what a wrong move we did!!! They trampled, jumped, flew, squeezed, raged and even "fight" with one another as they slid down the tube tunnel. I thought these are gonna be "nice" children as their grandparents & parents sent them off but alas, after the "coast" is clear - all hell broke loose,man! Sincerely, I must say , it was fun to see children being children but it was sad if you could identify just how much TVB series had influenced the children's mind, actually. There are , of course, some very well mannered children and they are a great joy to play with especially the girls la..... The boys were "hopelessly" drowned in their games of "beating the daylights" out of each other and  I thought, WWF Wrestle Mania is child's play, man when it comes to these boys! You should have seen some of the piledriver moves, head butts, armpit squeezer and leg pin moves! Anyway, it was fun being with the children and Jade's mom baked some very creative and delicious cupcakes indeed! The cupcakes were inspiring and very nice to eat. 

That day, to control my nerves ( hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......) I had a cup of Cappuccino and a cup of Americano as I faced the daunting task of playing with the energetic children. Of course, I was careful not to get my nuts being kicked by these young ones because you never know when they get into a frenzy of Bruce Lee act, right? All in all, it was a great birthday bash and everyone had a great time that day. For me, seeing both Ryan and Ashley and spending time with them made me very happy. After all, children are  the  real delight and a joy to the home. They are simple, honest, truthful and say things as they see fit with no malice intended. They speak from their hearts and out of their innocence. So, love your children and teach them to love God too. Cheers!

No comments: