Thursday, January 1, 2015

Opinion...

Many had asked me why I have become "silent" during the last few days of 2014 and many were also asking why I have not written regularly over the months. I must admit that I have deferred writing anything because I was basically looking at myself and did a whole lot of thinking. I want to write what is from my heart even if it means hurting people, seems like making fun of others, questioning authorities or even making people feel sad. I want to write even when it hurts me or even as a lesson in life. I took time to examine if what I had written been honest, fair and truthful. I find the saddening truth that people by large are no more interested in truth, transparency and hard hitting facts.People are now generally accustomed to hearing " good and comforting " news rather than the pains as the people say that " life today is already hard enough, don't make it anymore depressing and difficult for us." Truth be told that many just wants "happy news", "more lies" and "more comforting news" rather than the truth.

Take the flood situation in Kelantan, Pahang and Terengganu. By God, people, this is a yearly event that happened to these three states. What is there a need for more study on why flood occurred? It has been 57 years already that these states had been coping with the floods and politics and politicking made it even worst. Real people are dying out there. Real people are losing their homes and their livelihood. Are we so blind to miss this year after year? Surely, something could have been done much earlier to prevent such catastrophe from happening, right? Is this another corrupted scheme in place and relief items could not reached these people? Why are plans not hatched earlier or preparation of storage of items be made earlier? Did not the relevant authorities in weather conditions gave out early warning or someone was just to dumb and deaf to take things seriously? Yeah! The top brass in these relevant departments should be given the sack or even be taken to task for their lackadaisical attitude and that is including our PM and His DPM as well! People's lives are at stake and these relevant departments screws it up year after year. I find it a joke that food items and relief for those trapped in their homes or areas could not reach the people. Well, try harder especially with the boat and the canoes or whatever. It warrants the armed forces to do their bit, the police to do their bot, Customs dept to do their bit ( they do have high speed boats and what not , right? )  and the Bomba dept to do their bit. Those millions spent on boats, high tech equipments and so on are spent in vain? Come on! Let me be unfair then to say that they should have done better and YES, I am pointing fingers at them for not doing enough for the people. 

If we can set up road blocks in a blink of an eye or have speed boats ready for "kerja-kerja pencegahan penyeludupan and what not " plus one thousand and one exercises "untuk kerja-kerja penyelamatan dan pencegahan" - why can't we move faster for search, rescue and relief works? The devastation is bad in these states. Is there no shame in the Govt. civil servants for not carrying out their duties as efficiently , clean and honest? Ladies and gentleman, tolong halalkan your gaji and serve the people honestly!! Of course , there are black sheeps in any dept from the top right to the bottom of the food chain of command but will the honest, righteous and compassionate people, please stand up and be counted in situations like these. I asked only one question to the PM, DPM, Ministers, Govt Dept Heads and so called expert advisors - What have you learned from the floods in Kota Tinggi, Segamat and Cameron Highlands? Have you learned nothing at all from these floods? Or millions just spent in vain by giving out "kerja-kerja mendalamkan sungai dan parit"? I tell you this - all these so-called natural disasters could have been averted and prevented in the first place had the lands not being raped by greedy developer and ever dirty prevailing hands of political influences and mother nature not altered and raped repeatedly of its natural resources! Yeah, the familiar line comes to my mind, this is "BOLEHLAND"! O God, How much we suffered because of these blundering clowns and the decisions they make.  

I am saddened by what had happened to the people in these three states. I had had the experienced of doing work and visiting such places of devastation by flood waters. It is an ugly sight, people. Believe me, the sight and the smell would make you remember it for a long time. People genuinely lose everything they have worked for over the years and the recovery takes time. It is disheartening to see people from all walks of life, color and creed losing their possession, their homes and even the fear of re-occurrence. The frustrations were shown in most places I worked at and I believe it will be much harder this time while the devastation and lost of confidence were evident.  My family and I together with our friends could only help with whatever we could contribute and offered prayers of love, compassion and good faith to these families. It is tragedy to me as the people in the govt of the day continue to ignore the pleas of the people and continue to plunder and rape the lands for all its worth and continuing to built more buildings and facilities without the slightest consideration for the well-being environment such as proper irrigation and proper flowing of waters to prevent such occurrences of flash flooding or even blockages.

Last night, I watched "Left Behind" movie which starred Nicholas Cage with my family. I wonder, how many politicians in our present Govt will be "left behind"? I believe many will be left behind. Hmmmnnnnnnnn......my, my, my, what an interesting thought! Go and get the DVD and watch the movie. Perhaps, it will jolt your mind and stir your heart a lot......afterall, we are ALL accountable to GOD ..... one day!

No comments: