Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Morning Shocker.....

This morning I went to the GH to go through my blood test and ultrasound checking. So, I woke up early morning and got myself ready for the test. Knowing that the blood test lab opens at 7.00am, I was in the GH by 6.20am. At that time, no one was around and as I was about to plod my ass on the seat, a thin and scrawny looking late 30's Chinese woman immediately stuck her umbrella at the front entrance of the blood test lab and stationed herself at the front entrance. I immediately looked at her and found it amusing that she should be that kiasu and it was only about 6.25am. So, I told her to relax and take a seat as it was past mid-week and there would not be a lot of people in the morning. She just looked at me disgustingly as though I was a rapist convict who had just gained freedom climbing off the prison walls. She then took out two short nylon cream colored stockings, bend down and slipped them over her feet but all the while balancing herself so that she won't fall. Gosh! Can there be any other more weird people than this? Afterall, there was only me and her at the place at that time. In my head, I was already showing her the OTC ( Otak Tak Centre ) sign!!! By this time, another Malay man had arrived and he sat beside me and we greeted each other.

Then came this loud coughing Indian uncle who then parked himself behind the Chinese lady and pretended to ask what time will the blood test lab be opened when he was facing and freaking reading the plastic board that reads " BUKA - Isnin hingga Khamis  - 7.00 pagi hingga ......". Again, I just shook my head and see how ridiculous some people can get. He started coughing loudly and all the while, the Chinese lady was doing leg exercises as she was standing in line for freaking 20 minutes by now. Another old Chinese lady came and she immediately asked her accompanying son to stand behind the Indian man without even consideration that the Malay man and I had arrived so much earlier. Gosh! Again, I am really appalled by the kiasuness mentality. I guess, the Health Ministry of Malaysia should take heed and barred those Singaporeans from coming in to Malaysia as the Singaporeans had infected the Malaysian folks with this KKK1 disease ( Kiasi, Kiasu, Kiaboar One disease! ) . No vaccine had been found so far but the spreading of this disease is typically under the radar!!!!!

Anyway, as I saw the nurses for the blood test lab came in for work ( you know them when you are as regular as I was at this place! ) , I also stood up and took my place in line. I ushered the elderly Malay man to stand behind the young man as a mark of respect for the elderly though he insisted that I should go first as I had arrived earlier. I told him it was okay and that it is not that I am going to win a lucky prize for going through my blood test first, right? We both laughed and he complimented that I had a great sense of humour. We then went on to take our numbers and I was seated at the door as I got No.5 in line. 

Then I heard this loud coughing and some garnering of flam sound coming from this elderly Indian man. Lo and behold, he walked past me and then spew a mouthful of flam onto the cement flooring where I sat a couple of minutes earlier. For crying out loud, use the bloody bathroom or even the drains! This is the filthy habit and one that I detested a lot. I guess, it was an instaneous reaction from me when I exclaimed, " Come on! Use the bloody bathroom or at least the drains, uncle!!! Who the hell is gonna clean that up,man? It is the hospital, uncle". The elderly Indian man kinda looked menacingly at me and I stood up and not running away as we faced each other. I then heard some people telling him it was not right and more voices joined in. By then, the elderly man was embarrassed and he just wagged his finger at me and moved on as his number was called for his blood test. Even the nurses gave him a dirty look for what he did! Truly one uncivilized clown! I don't minced my words whether young or old when it comes to matters like this. I don't care if you think that just because you are old, you can get away with that type of behaviour, you better think again when it comes to me. Truly unhygienic, truly inconsiderate and truly disgusting habit! By then, the folks there at the lab that morning gave me the thumbs up for what I said. It was not their approval or accolades that I am after. It is a matter of hygiene la, people! Even the attending nurse who took my blood said that it was brave of me to say what I said. I told her that being elderly is not having a free ticket to bad habits. She looked at me and laughed and said, " Then I must remember to be gentle with you when I pricked you with the needle to draw blood." I answered, " You should, ma'am or you'll get scolding from me too!" Then she laughed and said to me " Be on your way and good day! ". I thanked her politely and went to the other side of the lab to the X-Ray Dept to get my ultrasound test appointment for the day and it is only 7.30am while my ultrasound appointment is 9.00am!!!!!! Hopefully nothing is wrong with my liver or any other important spare parts in my body as I still wanna enjoy my nasi lemak, roti canai, mee goreng and other goodies fare of the day!!!!!!

What a start to the day.....somehow, I hope my day will get better from here onwards..............

No comments: