Friday, May 15, 2015

3D Trick Art.....


They say that when you are down, you must always find a way to cheer yourself up and I did just that! After a not so nice day at the doctor's office , I decided to cheer myself up and not be let down by the circumstances I am in. If ever I am going to die, I might as well die with a great smile on my chubby face rather than slumped forward at my work desk or slumped back in my seat due to stress related works. I guess, each day's breathing is such a luxury and thereby, why shouldn't we have the best out of the days and forget about making tonnes of money or satisfying some bosses ego for a while. I guess, I've just gotta live for each day and just see what the day is in store for me. 

So, I decided to go to Magic Art Museum in Bukit Katil and I dragged poor SLing with me as she got back from school that day. In many ways, it was a treat for both of us. She too was bogged down with school work and also discriminating treatment she had received over some trip to Australia. To me, it was unfair to SLing and I could not understand how some people could just do such a thing without battering an eyelid over it. Such is the world we live in today, I guess. 

Anyway, we both decided to have a good time and what a good time we had, indeed! I guess, I must say that I am always intrigued with 3D art pieces. Being an art lover, I always marveled at such works. When I first experienced it at the 3D Interactive Museum in Penang, I find it fascinating, interesting and truly amazing to see such wonderful works of arts. They seemed so real and yet, so marvelously and beautifully painted. It is such an honour for the artist and their works.

I was expecting the same for Magic Art Museum in Bukit Katil. Though the commercial area had yet to be completed, the double storey museum was ready. I was skeptical indeed if there was any good pieces of art in that double storey unit. As I paid the entrance fees for SLing and I , we both kept our fingers crossed that this would be a good one. Upon proceeding inside, the lighting and the arts pieces came to life though you need the right position and angle to get the trick photography right. There were indeed markers on the ground for photographers to get the best angle or position to shoot their photographs. I especially like the Angkor Wat scenery which was really magnificent while the ladies staring down the toilet was another brilliant piece. Naughty and playful but very nicely done. I like those pieces. The school of tuna was very lively while Melaka scenes were great too. 

SLing and I laughed our heads off as we tried so many variation of positions as we photographed each other in our various poses. It was a fun day for the both of us. In the midst of taking time to admire the art work and posing with them, we both laughed and frowned as our legs and body creeks along the way. With limping legs and battered body, mind and soul, we did our best to pose, take our best shots and also tried hiding all the physical pains/creeks for a great picture. 

Yeah, you feel like a kid again when you are among the 3D trick art pieces. In many ways, I wished there were more art pieces in that place. Surely a charged RM15.00 ( promotional, ok? If not, it is RM 25.00 which I think is way too pricey lor! ) entrance fee does need a lot of justification for the rather small collection of art pieces. 

I don't know, maybe I come from a poor family background where RM 15.00 is quite an amount for me. ( hmmmm....lots of roti canai and wan tan mee for that matter! ) Anyway, the art pieces are good while some are really good.

Overall, I am happy to part with my RM 15.00 for the sake of art but at the same time, I just wished there was more but SLing and I did enjoy ourselves. Hopefully, we will be able to get to other adventures in our own backyard in Melaka. 

Anyway, I am looking forward to another one of the trick art museum in Penang near Segi College. Hopefully, I will be able to make it for this one the next time I am down there.  I just love art and art pieces. Probably because I am already an "art piece" with so much happenings, events, ups & downs, shocks, happiness and colorful occurrences all "painted" in my life.....what do you say? Agree?  

I just am appreciative of my life and just hoping to be happy and enjoy every moment of it. Care to join me in that thought?  

No comments: