Saturday, May 30, 2015

Royal Floria Festival Putrajaya 2015...

This morning, SLing and I decided that we are going to do something interesting for the day. As usual, I had agreed to it as it was 6.30am and a good 30 minutes more to sleep can be quite heavenly and so I "agreed" to whatever is suggested. It was only at 7.00am that I finally knew to what I was agreeing to. I just couldn't back out fast enough while I am a firm believer that a man's word is his integrity. So, I agree to whatever I have agreed to. It was going to be an attendance to the Royal Floria Festival Putrajaya 2015 at Precinct 4 , Putrajaya. But first I had to go to work and get some of my work done before going there. 

Upon arriving at home after work at 2.00pm, we got ready and by 2.30pm, we left Melaka and headed towards Putrajaya with a trusty Waze apps in toe. After some anxious moments on the road, we finally arrived at the floral festival amidst some stunts to park our car at an open aired area at about 3.30pm.. It was still blistering hot when we arrived. There was already a good crowd and after some fact finding, we were informed that we would have to get entrance tickets that would cost us RM 5 each. No qualms here as I believed the organisers would have something legit to put up to collect that entrance fee. Paid for the entrance tickets and soon, we entered the exhibition area.

Rows and rows of beautiful flowers adorned the side walk as one headed towards the exhibition area. It was really starting to get crowded a bit while we had to jostle to get good positions to take photographs. Each local council in the country would put up a special flower park to make their area interesting. They certainly made their area smell sweet with flowers, lots of decorative items and interesting natural concept. 

I guess, the Hobbitt house was definitely the attraction and people just loved it. SLing, SYuen and myself managed to get some nice photos with it.The only problem was that there is a lot of people who wants to take photographs of it. I guess, the organiser's media team had done well to get the crowd in for the exhibition.

We then moved around to feast our eyes with wonderful colours and textures of flowers. I must say that I have not seen so many varieties of orchids, roses and other interesting plants in my entire life. The colors, the smell and the shocking surprises were indeed worth while. I am truly amazed by the dedication of these flower enthusiasts who really took the pains to produce such beautiful plants and flowers. The sweet smell were truly awesome and with the backdrop of the lake and the bridge of Putrajaya, what could be wrong, right?

As we moved from exhibition halls after exhibition halls, we not only see beautiful flower arrangements, creations and exhibition but we get to see a whole lot of orchids on display. The theme was actually lily but I say that the orchids are indeed the crowd puller. The winning breeds of orchids were enormously beautiful, compact and some are in small packages.

Lastly, we hit the sale area of the exhibition and the sale gallery on the left side was equally as impressive as the floral exhibition on the right. Plants such as fig tree and variety of fruit trees were on sale. So too were the roses plants and the orchids plants. Yeah, the flowers and plants were as beautiful as the ones in the exhibition. The prices were not steep or too expensive. SLing told me that they were reasonable except for a row of sellers whose plants and flower plants were way too expensive than others. Overall, there were a lot of orchid plants for sale. 

By the time, we finished browsing through the plants, art pieces and the sales & bazaar area, it was already 7.15pm. We had spent a good bulk of time at the exhibition. I started to feel a little light headed due to the overdose of beautiful flowers aroma and smell.

I am truly beat after the drive home but you know what, it was really a great time seeing that wide smile on SLing's face. It has been a long time since I agree to drive her to a floral exhibition. Seeing her sleeping soundly on the bed and somewhat wore a smile on her face.....well, that is priceless......

No comments: