Thursday, December 29, 2016

Botanica Mansion

Mansions have always intrigued me in many ways. It is always about some rich fella falling off the grid due to sudden sharp fall in finances or the death of a loved one or even reasons of their own. To me, it makes no difference as this world and reality are such cold cold facts! Yeah, I mean, I am a sentimentalist but facts are facts. It is a blardy cold cold world we lived in when it comes to people and make no mistake about that! Anyway, my sis thought it would be nice for us to take a good look at this mansion turned posh restaurant and hotel. I wasn't disappointed, I must say though it was a brief stop.
The garden entrance....

I must say, Botanica Mansion looked marvelous on the exterior and the interiors too. Architecturally ; built solidly and yet well maintained and quite quint, actually. The doors, door handles and the hinges looked authentically English and the facade looked very nice, actually. The garden is well kept and groomed.The lush greenery surrounding the mansion makes it quite a place. A seat at the front overlooking the lush greenery and landscape of Balik Pulau makes it quite a view.

The mansion garden....
The garden walkway....
The interiors...lovely settings
My rustic charm in the mansion...

Taukeh neo and taukeh for the day!

I kinda like the mansion feeling of it though I know, I can't well afford to stay here nor eat its food , to be honest. Yeah, just a regular bloke with what I have won't make it here but I'll be game for a visit, though. Got a sneak peek of the interiors as the staff were preparing for Christmas Eve dinner and I ain't part of it. So, it is best to pick up my butt and scoot out of there and see the other parts of the mansion. I must mention with great enthusiasm that the male toilet is super nice in many ways. I like the old English feel of it with the modern twist , of course. Yeah, the women loved the toilets too as we all take a leak before going back to our food trail!
Found this hanging at the door handle....so cute

Toilet indicator on the wall.....female
Toilet indicator on the wall...male


What will I do if I get to own such a mansion? I seriously would not know what to do except to do what the owners of Botanica Mansion are doing, I guess.  They are doing a pretty good job, actually. The fresh air and lovely view are such a change. The hacienda like accommodations looked pretty awesome too..... don't you agree?
SLing, SYuen. Felicia and my sis, Lee Lee.

The hacienda looked accommodations and walkways....

No comments: