Thursday, January 7, 2021

Love Wedding



I never realized how much I have aged until 12 December, 2020 when my son, Joa Wee tied the knot with his partner in life, Felicia. It was indeed a joyous occasion and every parents’ joy indeed. For me, seeing an erratic and difficult young man progressing into a responsible, conscious and capable young man; doing his vows to keep his wife in loving tender care and in love meant a lot to me. It wasn’t always easy for me to express myself but sitting at the row of chairs and seeing the unveiling of a beautiful wedding was indeed a deep sense of joy and accomplishment. They say, we all lived to see the lineage of our grandchildren and beyond. However , for me , it was all enough for me to see my son walk his bride down the aisle of marriage. I could never have been a prouder father that evening.

I guess, when you are at where you are and looking at the unfolding of the events, it was already a miracle itself. I would say that GOD played a big part in bringing these two young souls together in holy matrimony. With the window of opportunity closing for these two brave souls because of the pandemic, prayers and more prayers were the order of the day. I could still remember vividly when I asked both of them whether their wedding would go on as schedule or would there be a postponement but alas, they were persistent on waiting upon the Lord for their decision. I guess, GOD was gracious enough to grant these two people the wishes of their hearts when the MCO was lifted and RMCO was in force. That gave the both of them that window of opportunity to carry out their wedding. In weeks to come, frantic wedding invitation flew out o the hands of the people as fast as it could. Though there were hesitation of some people in regards to the COVID pandemic, I guess, GOD was greater. Thank you, Lord for His grace and mercy. 

As I sent out invitation to friends and family, I was really hopeful for their attendance. However, though some declined politely, I accepted their decline graciously and with great respect as it was difficult times and I truly understand their invitation decline. I was just as anxious as the couple as I wanted them to have a great wedding and wedding dinner. Soon Ling and I never stopped praying earnestly for the safety of everyone who would attend the wedding and wedding dinner of our son. Afterall, they have risked their lives to be with us at this time of joy. I was really glad seeing friends and family rallying support for us and our families. A BIG and massive thank you for friends and family who had supported us throughout the wedding. Anxiety and worries were soon replaced with deep feelings of utter joy and burst of love as the day approached. I am very thankful towards friends who had prayed for us and for the couple as the day approached. We did have a family night together as we sipped out Dimple whiskey and had a merry time of laughing and enjoying the day. Sitting down and seeing family there was just exquisite joy and unexplainable uplifting feeling. Yeah, I am old fashioned and sentimental old fool, I guess. Proud as a bloody peacock as my son was getting married the following day! 

On the wedding day , the female make up artist arrived to doll up the ladies ( She did an excellent and professional job, I must say! ) while the heng tais ( the brothers ) arrived to make sure the groom ( my son ) was ready for his big day. As Joa Wee and Felicia chose the first look ( meaning they have chosen to surprise one another on how they look and what they are dressing up ) for their special day. It was a complete surprise for both of them and they both really knew what they wanted to do for the wedding. In all fairness, they both had planned out what they wanted to do for their wedding. We , as parents, were more than happy to follow what their hearts desires were. I guess, everything worked out well and I am most glad for what had happened. There is no denying that GOD’s great hand was at the wedding and everything went on smoothly. It was a beautiful wedding. The simplicity of things were great and minimalistic. Simple décor and great ambience made it all such a happy occasion. I was more happy to see the people , family and friends coming together to witness the holy matrimony. To me, that open confession of commitment to one another and keeping the sacred vows of marriage to one another in the sight of GOD outweighed all other things. 

To me, that day, I have gained another addition of daughter into our household. I am so glad to have Felicia on board the Foo family bandwagon. What a great occasion! Again, I am blessed indeed and I really am thankful. In my small heart, the joy have been enormous and I will live to remember this day as one of the greatest day in my life. I am one proud father that evening! I believe , I looked good too if you should want to know! Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........

No comments: