Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Friend....

Many a times we meet people from all walks of life in our glorious life and some people just stuck into your mind/life. Yup, there are some who would give you the creeps in life but there will be some [ a small circle, actually ] who would tend to be good friends no matter what.
Today, I pay tribute to the one friend that could cause me to have a heart seizure & pumped up blood clot in my blood stream/system in a second but at the same time, he is my friend. As he celebrated his milestone in life for another year on Monday in another part of the world, I just want to say that no matter how difficult he may be, he is still my friend.
Many times, he is labelled as pompous, loud, irrational and sometimes downright rude & arrogant "piece of yunno what" but he has his good points too. He can be self-centred at times but the good thing about him is that God knows it and he'll get it soon!~ No! No! I am just kidding!~ He is really a friend that I can relate to - in a way. He reminded me so much of me in my younger days though not the "bad" traits. I take comfort from his commanding views, loud and sometimes, compassionate stand. I like his enthusiasm and likebility in working with the children and young people. He is jovial, fun and sometimes eccentric! Game for adventure and fun, he can be the head of children's department! He has fantastic PR skills and a knack of getting things done in a giff. He has the gift of gab and the Godly potential of a lifetime when geared in the right path. I constantly pray that God would use this man and turn him into a priceless gemstone in His ministry. I believe with all my heart that God is moulding him and polishing the gemstone each day so that he'll be a perfect cut diamond one day just like any of us today.
I will state the fact that I am constantly at odds with him. We clashed many times in ideas, discussion and we had heated arguments but I could never take it at heart when it comes to him. Ok! I may be in a rage fit for a while but later, I would just cool down. Maybe I have mellowed or I still strongly believe that God is still working in me and in him. Bottomline is that I could never get angry with an individual like that as long as he is called a friend of mine. He may stretch the limit and break certain line of decency but he ain't heavy; he's my brother! If he becomes a sack of a bummer, then most probably, I'll dump him out at the dump site! A little humour goes a long way, anyway! Like I used to say many times in my writings, I treasure friends a lot. I grew up with great friends and family. To me, friends like this helps me and him to get sane, actually!~ BTW, if you think that I am writing all this because he is driving a BMW/Mercedes, well, I have news for you. Even if he is riding a bicycle to work one day, he is still my friend coz' financial status doesn't affect me one bit unlike our nation, our churches and our community today. I've been with poor friends and I've been with filthy rich friends. They are all the same to me. What I look for in friendship is the condition of the heart! That outstrips everything else! If you are smart , you should know by now that money can't buy you lasting friendship. There are too many examples and samples around -you'll know what I mean!
So, to my friend , Steven, Blessed birthday and many happy returns of the day!~ Don't stuff yourself with too much food. You still need to fit the coat for your wedding which I presume will be soon enough!~

No comments: