Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Strong & Faith-filled person...

If there is anyone that I could relate to bravery and calmness, I would say that the honour goes to Aunty Chew M.S. Many would not have known about Auntie Chew but I have privileged to know and be acquainted with this person. Though I may not know everything about her but whatever I saw or the little that I know fills my heart with great admiration and respect for this hardy lady.
Yesterday when I visited Auntie Chew at the hospital, I must say that I felt kinda helpless because there was nothing I could do except to constantly pray for her speedy recovery. She looked frail and tired yesterday after a few hours of surgery but she was still in good spirits. Three of her children together with Uncle George were there with her all the way. I really marvelled at such determination and sturdiness of positivity shown by her. Despite fighting the bout of anesthetics and surgery, she was still able to talk a little but she really needed the rest. I am encouraged by her strength and constant praising of the Lord!
Today, she was on her feet and in her ever bubbling figure. That's the beauty of Aunty Chew - a woman of strength, calmness and joy. We would never know what went through her during the surgery but one thing is for sure - God is with her! Now, let us pray for a speedy recovery and for God's continual grace upon Aunty Chew's life. God bless you, Aunty Chew!~

No comments: