Thursday, October 8, 2009

Nightmarish....

Sometimes life throws you a lemon and you simply have to take it and turn it into a lemonade! I heard this over the radio this morning. I guess, in a way, I have to take the positives out of the negatives in our stuation or our life.
Shocking and horrendously wrecking, I met with an accident yesterday evening. I was driving to my appointment place along a road, looking for the place and when I found it, I made a right turn. Probably due to my lack of judgement and my carefulness, a m/cycle rammed into the driver door of my car. The m/cyclist fell to the ground patch of the stony grounds. I was shocked and sorta panicked in a way as I could not unlock the door as I wanted to help the m/cyclist. I quickly jumped to the other door, opened it and helped the m/cyclist up to his feet. The old man was not seriously hurt while the front fender of the m/cycle was damaged. I apologised profusely to the old man and told him that I was more concerned of how he is doing rather than the damages to the m/cycle or my car for that matter. I gave him what I had from my wallet and it was all that I had at that time. I told him that I would bear the cost for the repairs to his m/cycle and that he should seek medical treatment. He then started up his bike and left the place.
I was shaken by now and I looked at the damages to my car. It ain't a pretty sight actually. There's a deep gash at the bottom section of the car and the door sorta caved in a bit. I was glad that I am alive but body was aching from the impact. As I calmed myself down, I went for my work appointment, completed my work and sought for some time out from my appointment towards the end of my job. As I sat in my car, I thought to myself that I could have accidentally caused some woman to lose their husband that evening. I was mad at myself for being not careful enough. Honestly, I could forget the scene as it kept playing in my head over and over again. I really apologised because sincerely, I did not see the m/cycle from the back of my car. It was as though my sight was hindered/blinded for a moment. The worst part of it all is that this road is the road that is the least travelled by human traffic!
I guess, I can a lot of positives from this position and be extra careful in the future!~ So I must!

No comments: