Friday, July 23, 2010

Billy Who?

Leighton Ford, the brother-in-law of Billy Graham was in one of the long flights when he had hoped that the seat beside him was empty so that he could have some comfort and catch some sleep on the long flight home. As he was getting comfortable, the air stewardess brought a large black woman with her hands tucked in and seated her beside Leighton. She then said to Leighton, " Sir, this woman is 96 years old and please take good care of her." Leighton mumbled to himself," I can't even take care of myself and now, I have to take care of this woman!" Not wanting to be rude, Leighton thought that small talk would help to ease the situation and make it a pleasant trip home. So, he asked, " So, you are 96, are you?". The woman answered, " Yup!" Then Leighton asked, " So, you have been travelling around, right?" Again, she answered , " Yup!". Wanting to invoke a good conversation, Leighton asked, " So, in all your 96 years, what is the best thing that you have ever done? " Leighton thought, " Now, that will surely invoke a response from her!" The woman looked at him and said, " Son, the best thing I ever made in me life is knowing Jesus." Playing the devil's advocate, Leighton answered, "Huh! What's so great about knowing Jesus?". By then , the woman unfolded her hands, told Leighton that He made the sun, the moon and went on enthusiastically about Jesus life and each time, the passion ignited, emotions charged and the voice volume increased. Not wanting to iritate the other passengers, Leighton quickly took the woman's hand and said, " I am so sorry, ma'am. Listen, listen, I was just kidding with you. I am an evangelist and my name is Leighton Ford. I am the brother-in-law of the evangelist, Billy Graham." Without missing a beat, the woman said, " Uhuh!" and folded her arms. Leighton asked, " Don't you know who Billy Graham is?" She answered," Nope!" Leighton was perplexed and said, " You mean, you don't know who Billy Graham is? He is on the TV most of the time."
The woman looked at Leighton and said, " Nope! Look here, son. I dunno who Billy Graham is. Maybe I was out when he was on TV! " Leighton bowled over and laughed his head off thinking it was indeed a funny scenario. Upon arrival home after a long fight, Leighton went to see Billy Graham and said, " Hey, Billy, during my flight home I met this sweet angel and I told her about you." Leighton then narrated to Billy Graham what she said and soon, Billy bend over in laughter.
When the laughter had subsided, Billy Graham had this to say, " Yunno, Leighton, isn't it amazing that there are people out there who do not know who we are but they know who Jesus is!"

~* Thank you, Bro.Kuna, TOP Penang for this inspirational story*~

No comments: