Monday, September 13, 2010

Humbling encounter....

A few hours ago, SLing and I were in our room when SLing received a call that a friend was at our doorstep. This friend is familiar to us but what she was about to do wasn't familiar to us. It is not a bad thing but it was a truly humbling gesture/experience for me indeed. There stood LSB at our metal grille door, holding out an envelope of love offering to us. It wasn't a thin envelope, I must say. She explained to us that she and another friend of ours, TGE have heard of our medical plight and that they would like to bless us with an offering. I tell you, hearing words from this non-Christian friend of ours made me humbled in my tracks. She even went on to explain that she and another friend of ours ( a Christian ) have decided to pull their finance resources from the extras they had from their bonus and extras to give us the money. She even added that they would like to help us and ease our burden. She further reiterated that it wasn't much but they just wanted us to have it. I tell you, for a moment there, I was floored by the overwhelming sincerity and the expression of her words. I can only give thanks to the Lord above and I must say, I was very touched, very touched indeed. SLing and I declined politely their offering and I went on to laboriously explain to her that we have had enough in our savings and that we are okay. She insisted that we take the offering or else the other friend would get angry and so on, but we declined whole heartedly because we know that we have a great God that would provide for all our needs.
Instead, we asked her into our living room, seated her at the sofa and I explained to her thoroughly on what had happened and that we are doing okay. I even explained to her that I would not hesitate her help if we are financially tight and so on. I even apologised to her that it is not that we don't want or felt too proud to receive her help but it is just that we really do not need it. I even went on to explain to her that we really appreciated her help and noted her good intentions. It is just that we are really okay. She told us that she sympathized with what we had to go through and she was worried that we might not have enough and they would like to help us. God! Such thoughtfulness, selflessness and all....... it really touched my heart a lot! If you were to know this friend of SLing, she has always been very careful with her finances and prudent with her spendings. To hear her say what she wants to say to us , it really gave hope to my heart that there is still rays of hope for this ailing world of ours. However, SLing & I were adamant and insistent that we have no need for it. Though she tried to convince and cajoled us into taking their offering, we said a firm "NO" but we really appreciate their care and concern. We had a lively conversation later on and SLing & I would be praying for her for what she will be going through in the next couple of days. I advised eloquently on a lot of matters to her but mainly on taking the positives in life rather than lumbering in the negatives. I know deep in my heart that that is what I want to say to her.
She tried their last ditch effort during our walk to the front door to pass the envelope to SLing and me. However, she was unsuccessful to dislodge the steadfastness we have on and I slipped it back into her big handbag. As adamant as we are, it was good to know that there are people out there who do care for us. I am so thrilled and blessed. Yes, SLing and I were truly blessed with such people and YES, they still exist in our country. What I am most blessed as I write this entry is that it feels really good to know that there are people who still do care and God would bring them to your doorstep. Awesome God! Truly an awesome God! Oh! SLing and I are so blessed. We had the most terrific times in our lives over the last weekend with family and friends and now, this happened right before our eyes! What more could I have asked more? Nothing. Absolutely nothing! God, you are great!

No comments: