Sunday, September 19, 2010

Satisfying....

Today, I had the opportunity to share a message to 47 youths in my church. To be very honest, I was rather nervous but the encouragement I had received from good friends like Vive, Sathy, Steven, Errol, Jessica, Jason, Dinesh, Abby and many others from the weeks prior to the sharing were tremendous and encouraging. Even this morning, I received a call from my good friends, Vive & Sathy to share God's love from my heart. It really has been quite some time since I shared a message and it wasn't easy for me because I really want to say what is in my heart and not give a "feel good" message. We are so used to listening "feel good" message these days thatI fear my diabetic count will be worst one day! Vive was right when he says that God will give you a message to speak about. I have searched my heart and though I had wanted to share on something else, I am drawn to sharing the reality of life. This is not an easy subject to share on and I must say that I do struggle a bit as I was rather apprehensive at first coz' I know it will involve my life a lot. You see, you can't speak on reality of life without having a reference in your life. I guess, in many ways, God knows us better and I share from my heart today. As I prepared my message in a presentation, [ I ain't computer savvy,ok? ] I really hope that the youths will be encouraged by it. It is never about me or my achievements but rather God's great mercy upon this wretched my life. It is with all humility that I channelled all praises and glory back to Him for without Him , I would have long been floating on Melaka river or Straits of Melaka for that matter.
Yunno, you bet, I was nervous in sharing the message but I guess, my love for the well-being of youths strengthened me a lot. I looked at these fragile lives and I constantly pray that God would continue to love & protect them. Sometimes, we do over-protect them and so, this is one time, they need to know the harsh reality of life in our wicked world today. I spoke my heart out today. I kept nothing back and gave all I had. I wouldn't know what the respond would be or how the youths would perceived me at the end of the session. All I know is that I am just His vessel and I gave all I had from my heart. I pray that the youths would be blessed today and I pray in my tiny heart that they would understand my sharing. I pray too that they would heed His call to live right and to ask of His protection to guide their lives when the young people are in their respective fields. At the end of the session, I was pumped out and tired but it feels good. Really good to be His vessel. I don't know if I would have the opportunity to speak to the youths again but one thing I know is that I have done my duty to tell the realities as it is. Like a small child, I am thrilled to bits that I am able to do this.
Thank you, Chai Yen [ Sonic Wave Youth Leader ] for taking the chance and giving me this opportunity to share the message. I thanked my friends for encouraging me all the way while I thanked the youths for their patience and understanding in listening to this old man's ramblings at the front pews today. Most important of all, thank you, Lord for enabling me today!

No comments: