Thursday, December 16, 2010

House Dedication.....

Last night, in between a day of highs and lows, I attended the House Dedication of my good friends, Bro.Kuna & Sis.Cheng. These two people are very special friends - all the way from Penang and I am most honored to have been called a friend and to be a friend of theirs. I guess, in many ways, I thank the Lord for allowing my family and I to know them through our family in Penang, Vive & Sathy.
I arrived early at their home and I managed to catch up with Bro.Kuna and Sis.Cheng together with Cheng's family members. We had a good time of fellowship and I could feel the warmth of the family members around Bro.Kuna & Sis. Cheng. As we talked on about our daily lives happenings and work, the entourage of carollers led by Pst.Joanne arrived at the door step. It was indeed a beautiful sight of young, old, elderly dressed beautifully and getting ready to do carolling. It was truly a blessed occasion. To be honest, this is something that I missed a lot. It certainly warmed my heart and I could see Bro.Kuna & Cheng immediately light up at the sight of the carollers. What a terrific honor indeed! As we sang the Christmas carols and as everyone sang their heart out, truly, I felt the warmth of Christmas spirit. Initially, I had planned to leave after the arrival of Pst.Joanne and her team for I have to rush to help out at another good friend's wedding preparations in church but after some thought, I decided to stay back a little longer and basked the fine spirit of love, warmth and fellowship of Christmas/House Dedication.
I am glad I made the right decision to stay back a little longer because the House Dedication carried out by Pst.Joanne together with Bro.Kuna & Sis.Cheng was so magnificently and beautifully done. That touched and moved my heart a lot. Though it looked simple enough but the significant and meaningful act of dedicating one's home to the Lord is something truly memorable. I thank Pst.Joanne from the bottom of heart for carrying out and getting Bro.Kuna & Cheng to participate in the act of lighting the Lord's light in their house for the Lord. Thank you, Pastor Joanne! Truly, you have made House Dedication for Bro Kuna & Cheng, a Lord's promise to them. I know deep in my heart that Bro.Kuna & Sis.Cheng are in the good hands of the Lord and His servants.
I must say, there was a sudden joy and warmth in my heart as I see what God had unfolded last night. Yunno, I have struggled a lot for the past few months but last night, God embraced my heart with the message/scripture reading carried out during the House Dedication. It gives me a glimmer of hope and ignited a feeling I have lost for a long time. Now, I truly grasped the meaning of it and hopefully, I will see things in a different light. It is hard for me to describe it but suffice to say that the act of house dedication had brought a whole new spectrum of perspective in my life.
The spirit of Christmas with the touch of finesse, simplicity and vocals helped made this night a night of resounding joy and break barriers of the still cool night. I just loved it and I loved the atmosphere that was created in His presence. His beautiful presence definitely filled the house last night and I know because good things don't happen by chance. It is never by chance when God visits His beloved. It is by His Divine appointment that things happen as it is.
So to Bro.Kuna & Sis.Cheng, thank you for inviting me for the House Dedication and may your lives be blessed ever more. Also, it is a simple, warmth-filled beautiful house.
To Pastor Joanne and team members, thank you once again - you will never know how much you all have inspired me last night.

2 comments:

Kuna said...

Dear Ivan,

We truly thank God for you and your family ... chance acquaintances introduced by Vive ... strangers who since have matured into friends! Cheng and I really appreciate you for taking time off during an extremely busy evening to share with us the joy of our dedicating our Malacca home (and blogging about it, too). I will not forget how you, Soon Ling and your children were waiting for us in Krubong late at night in the dark to help us unload all the stuff we had brought from Penang (all because Vive had told you that I was having some joint pains). Your kind act is more than what a friend would do, it is the act of a brother! Again,I would like to thank you and I thank Vive,too,for introducing us. The both of you are true kindred souls ... ever ready to be of service. May God bless you.

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Bro.Kuna,
It is a real honour for my family to have known you and Cheng. We have been truly blessed by your friendship and I thank you for that honour. God bless you both!~