Friday, December 17, 2010

Kahwin already!~

One fine morning, a few days ago, I walked into a beautiful church and a time that I have waited for has arrived. That morning marked a significant day in the lives of my good friends, Steven & Wan Sin. After some donkey years of getting together,
they finally are sane enough to tie the knot of holy matrimony and share their life as one.
Their story to the altar marked the end of single hood, sleepless nights, fonder of the hearts and beginning of a new memorable life for both of them. It is a start of a fresh new life for the couple.
That is the most beautiful time of their lives, I mean, the marriage life not the single hood though we all miss that occasionally, right?
I arrived a little late to witness their marriage vows and signing ceremony but I managed to to get in time to see them penning down their signature on the marriage certificate. Anyway, there is definitely no turning back for the both of them.
It is like belting out the baptismal song, " No turning back...no turning back." Jokes aside, it was good to see both of them staring their lives together.
It is indeed a joy for me to see them taking that step of faith and sure, it ain't going to get any easier from here but at least, they took the courage of responsibility, sensibility and maturity in making their lives a great covenant.
Wan Sin was radiant and astoundingly beautiful in her white dress while Steven was in his sharp dress mode which was very complimentary. After the ceremony, it was the usual photography session and we had a ball of fun and laughter during that time.It was good that they are now lawfully wedded husband and wife.
I guess, the most interesting time of it all was Thursday night where all of us, their close friends, decorated the church hall for their wedding. Plans and ideas brainstormed over a month were finally put into action. Shades of white, pink and orange together will beautiful decors adorned the wedding hall. Everyone helped out in whatever way they could to spruce up the place to make it a memorable place for a wedding. Then came Saturday morning, when everyone anticipated in joy for the actual wedding in church to take place.
Preparations were made early and everything was in places and all systems were at the "go" mode.Ushers were ready and looked sharp for the occasion in their pink shirts and blouses. Program sheets, souvenirs and autograph book were ready. The Worship team was ready. Slides, presentation and song lyrics for praise & worship session was superbly done. I must say, this was easily a well-oiled wedding coordination because everyone had a part to play in ensuring this wedding to run smoothly. The wedding was carried out smoothly and beautifully.
The message was a good one delivered by Pastor Lawrence Seow while the wedding solemnization was carried out by Rev.James Krishnan.
This too was carried out nicely and in a most dignified manner. I must say , all of us have been greatly blessed to have helped and witnessed the wedding of Steven & Wan Sin.
To me, I have often viewed Steven as a mischievous younger brother who had come of age while Wan Sin has always been a quiet and lovely person. There are times I can get pretty annoyed with Steven on a lot of matters but at the end of the day, I have always believed that a person would own up and change his erratic ways one day and he should have a chance too. I am glad he saw certain things that had made him grow indefinitely.
A good friend of mine, Vive teased me about standing at the front of the centre stage during the wedding ceremony like a bodyguard to the couple, running about minding matters at the wedding and running about like a big brother for the couple during the wedding dinner.
All I want to say is that it gives me a lot of pleasure and heart knowing that my good friends in Steven & Wan Sin tied the knot of marriage covenant. I really feel happy to be able to be of service to them. I believed that as this responsibility was entrusted to me and Errol, we stayed focused, do our best and did all we could to lessen down their stress time during the wedding and to ensure that they have a good time at their wedding. I want to thank Errol for working tirelessly with me to ensure that everything was in place during the wedding ceremony and the wedding dinner. I also want to thank our "crew of great families" - Evelyn, Tim, Elizabeth, Ellysha, Jessica, Josephine, Jocelyn, Bee Ling, On Tin, Soon Ling, SYuen, JWee, Dinesh , Abby, Jenny, Dave & Caleb, Jason & Shirley for giving out their best for Steven & Wan Sin.
So, to my good friends, Steven & Wan Sin, have a great life together and may God continue to bless your journey of life together!~ It has been a great honour being assistants to your wedding!

No comments: