Thursday, December 1, 2011

Dinner...

Last night, while SLing and SYuen were out in KL for some "girl power" fun with SLing's colleagues in GEng & SBee, I was attending a family meal in a home. I remembered rushing from workplace to the home because I had worked late that evening. After about 40 scrubs and a good dose of body shampoo, I was lost in translation a few minutes by the sheer rustling of gentle waters over the forlorn tired body but I have a dinner date to attend.
Ramping up my car, I headed towards On Tin's home for dinner. Earlier, ( two days ago ) I was told that it would be a steamboat dinner. Honestly, I ain't crazy about steamboat meals but I'll go with it anyway. I like my stuff fried and crispy, actually. Anyway, as I stepped into the living room, I could smell the instaneous aroma of tom yam smell plus the bunga kantan and limau purut smell ( kafir lime leaves ). The aroma itself was really the taste bud opener. As usual, my gracious host, BLing scooped tonnes of vegetables plus fish balls and fish paste related good stuffs onto my bowl. At our dinner table were KLan, Jacq, Aaron, On Tin, Xin Yi and BLing herself. We made some small talks and soon, it was like all of us had been friends for a long time. It was easily one of the most pleasurable dinners I've ever had. The conversation topics were light and always littered with jokes, aspirations and hopes were discussed while great food were continually piled onto our plates. I swear to you, it was the night I had the most fish related food and vegetables in the entire year! Again, I am not exactly a fish lover but I am more the meat kinda guy. Pork is my  kinda meat!  Somehow, the good conversation and great chuckles plus laughter made the evening really good. There is an old saying that says simple food will taste exceptionally good especially with the good company to share with. I am 100% in support of this old saying!
I really enjoyed having conversation which each and everyone of the guests. It was good to know that having a simple meal like this could trigger really meaningful, intellectual and constructive conversations. I am happy indeed. Belly was full and I had great company for conversation - I couldn't ask for more. That night I left for home, digesting and digressing all that had been spoken and eaten too. It was simply a great evening. Just wanted to thank BLing and On Tin for being such gracious host! I know that I would never be hungry whenever I am this couple's house. Truly simple, good-hearted and blessed couple. So, to BLing & On Tin, thank you so much for inviting me and giving me a hearty meal! I really appreciate the goodness you both had poured into my life!

No comments: