Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's Christmas Eve!

Spending Christmas in Seremban has been a real joy. Not only was my family and I able to bless our families lives, we were able to have a great time of food, fun and fellowship. SLing and I had been planning this Christmas dinner with the family for some time now. However, due to my busy schedule at work and tiresome days, SLing and I had been able to get down to the menu and the shopping days for the ingredients. I was adamant in doing my roast pork belly and several other stuff while SLing was agreeable on something simple. So, our menu consisted of roast pork belly with apple and cinnamon sauce, spaghetti with meat balls, bacon roll baguette, creamy mushroom soup and chicabegg spring rolls [ minced chicken, cabbage & eggs ]. I didn't have plans for dessert coz' I didn't know what to do for dessert anyway. I guess, I must say that I am ready as ever to cook, dish and serve up the meals I had planned. I was pretty confident and I really want to bless the family with really good food. I am glad SLing and I were able to do that.
I must say that I woke up quite early to get the preparations done. It was fun dicing, splicing and getting the things done before plating up the dishes. It was also good to have SLing, mother-in-law and Jade helping out at the kitchen. Everything went on smoothly and on time but there was a lot of making sure that everything would be ready by 7.00pm. I started out with making of the spaghetti sauce. I know that I would have to get this right and it went on alright. I was happy with the taste and the texture. Next, it's the creamy mushroom soup and the apple & cinnamon sauce while SLing did her fruit salad dish expertly. Finally , later in the evening, it was the roast pork belly and the chicabegg spring rolls. It turned out well and I am blessed indeed. YES! I am freaking happy for all the dishes which had turned out well. There was a lot of laughter and a lot fun working together on a time constraint and plating up the dishes. I was extremely pleased when plates come back to the kitchen cleaned and gleaming!
I know one thing for sure - if you cook the food with much love , passion and from your heart, you will have a lot of success from the food you serve. To me, I just equipped myself with that thought and I really wanted to get the love food out to the family. I am forever grateful to have SLing supporting me all the way. It isn't easy getting her to the kitchen anyway but she helped me big time especially her husband doing the cooking without a single piece of paper or planning in sight! Yes, I did the cooking , spicing up and all that by experience and by seeing the food stuff being made on Asian Food Channel [ AFC ] ! Thanks to AFC channel, I was able to improvise and see it happening on the food. I guess, I must say that I "visualised" the food that I was going to cook and "seeing" it on the table. That was my motivation and that is what happened. There is no fancy stuff nor extravagant ways. It is see-visualized-get it done!
I give thanks and all glory to the Lord for enabling me to cook these wonderful dishes. Afterall, it must be Him who guided me through every step of the cooking process. I know it sounded far fetched to you but that morning when I woke up, I just prayed that He would bless my hands and my heart as I prepare to cook for the day. Yunno what? HE did just that! Everything I did was just right. I didn't burn the kitchen , have any mishap or even have difficulty in knowing what to do next. I know it in my heart that HE has guided me through. Though I am happy and blessed for what has happened, I just wanted my family members to know that the GOD I serve is a good GOD and I know it for sure. So, thank you ,Lord!
That night, I received a Christmas gift from Wei & Jade who blessed me with a Jamie Oliver - American Adventure Cookbook! I am truly blessed coz' I've always wanted one. I have browsed through Jamie's books at bookstores many times but never had the opportunity to own one. Now, I own one of his books and I am really really blessed. Thank you so much , Wei & Jade!
To cap off a fine night, I slept soundly that night. SLing told me that I dozed off at about 10.15 that night while slipping off to the baby room downstairs. I didn't realised that as I was drained and felt tired but happy. I guess, it is the most satisfying day I have ever had. Truly the best!~
Merry Christmas, everyone! Remember, GOD loves you!~

2 comments:

Jade said...

Thank you so much for the special dinner, i love all the food... and i learn alot from you too. We are happy to have you and family celebrating this wonderful christmas together...

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Jade, you are welcome. It was a real joy for SLing and I together with the children being able to spend Christmas with you & Wei and the children plus mother. It was really a great time! One that I would cherished a lot for a long time.