Saturday, December 26, 2009

Farewell, Desmond Lee!

I must say that I was shocked and stunned when I received a call from my colleague, Loh, yesterday morning informing me the demise of one of our colleague, Desmond Lee. They always say that we say good things of that person whenever someone passes away but Desmond was different. Sure, he wasn't a saint, so as to speak, but he was always a bubbly and such vibrant personality. He is a good father and his family well-being has always been his worry and concerned. Though not showing much of emotions, he is just being a Chinese - proud and no showing of emotions guy. One thing I know about him is that he is a good hearted person. Yeah, he can be irritating and difficult when it comes to money matters but he is really a good natured fella. Always smiling and bubbling with excitement. Sigh! I will miss having him around in the office.
I remembered the last time I had breakfast with him near his workplace in Muar. It was simple bee hoon with some tau kee pieces and kopi-o kosong for the both of us. We joked and laughed until we had to part our ways as we went to do our respective works. Always with a penchant to have great value eating place which is cheap and good, I really will miss him, though. I guess, he always likes being in a crowd and mingling around. He is what we would call the people's people.
I guess, I would have one kaki less when having tea this time around.
It was really shocking to me that he suffered a massive heart attack before his heart failed him that morning. I guess, life is just too short for us to grouse over it. Never in my wildest dream that I think he would be gone. I remembered him telling me that the doctors gave him a clean bill of health during the last checkup and he was really very happy. Then it's about sending his daughter to college, son's studies and college education for his youngest daughter. He is really a family man at heart.
As I reflect on his untimely death, somehow, we should all live our life as though each day is the last of our lives. In that way, we would appreciate life more and make our lives more meaningful. We are so jammed packed with work, worries and stress that it just ruined our lives. Like I said in my earlier articles, we can be healthy in body but it is the stress of work & worries that will stop your heart from pumping one day. Yes, STRESS is the No.1 killer of lives today. Hey guys! Money is NOT everything while neither position & power are important. Don't work till you drop dead and wait for someone to write your obituary one day. It's not worth it when you see wives without husbands or children without their fathers. I say this with malice intent to all uncouth, crap and downright moronic bosses & employers!
Farewell, my friend and may you have a good journey to the other side of the scenery.

2 comments:

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Hi everyone, I have deleted a comment from someone I do not know who takes advantage of other people's blog to infiltrate their filth! So, no apologies here!

A Pinch Of Salt said...

BTW, like I said, this is a clean site. You may post your comments- good or bad but I will not tolerate crap! Thanks again for your understanding!~