Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ryan & Ashley..

After spending some days in Seremban during Christmas, I really had a great time with the family. I enjoyed playing with Ryan while carrying Ashley in my arms somehow felt really good. It wasn't that I was great with children. It is just that I am meatier than anyone else on the arms and body and somehow, children seemed to sleep well in my arms! I keep comforting myself with this thought, anyway. In all seriousness, I really enjoy having baby Ashley in my arms. I guess, in a way, I get to feel what it's like to cuddle a small baby in your arms. [ It feels pretty good, actually! ] You could say that I kinda miss that feeling but I will not be branded as emo over such matters. Maybe, I didn't get much chance to do that with my own children when they were babies or smaller. Somehow, my children grew up so much that I miss cuddling them in my arms. Now, they'll probably rip my arm apart if I were to carry them. Well, Ahley is really a gentle baby but she packs a loud voice when she is hungry. She would wolf down the milk in a quick manner and ended up having hiccups. Then she would smile......aaargggghhhh.... that woudl melt even the hardest of hearts. As for Ryan, what more can I say about him - he couldn't care less about food nor staying still. Packed in that small frame of his is a power pack of shrieks, screams and a whole lot of lungs training! But I like this kiddo! He has a fantastic smile just like his sister, Ashley and they are mighty fine children.
I could not stop talking about Ashley & Ryan because they are really great children. Contrast in personalities and characters but each with his/her own unique ways of food habits, sleeping habits and even playing time habit. During Christmas celebrations, I tried feeding Ryan with cream cheese and half boiled egg which he enjoyed for a while and then it ended up as decoration on the baby chair. Guess, we still have to get the formula right for his eating habit. BTW, Jusco is his favourite place already while Toyland is must during his kingly visit there! All in all, he packs a barrels of laugh when is not shrieking or bursting his lungs out in screams, tantrums and tears. Well, all children does that anyway. I do really miss the close fellowship with him. Afterall, he is really a sweet child.
As for Ashley, well, I miss her already when I am back in Melaka. I guess, all fathers always have a sentimental spot for baby girls. Even SLing misses the "baby smell" [ that's what she calls it! ] of baby Ashley. Yunno, there is a really nice feeling when you get a baby like Ashley to sleep. They look so...................serene and at peace. I guess, seeing Ashley sleeping in my arms makes me feel mushy inside and really at peace. She is such a sweet little girl. SLing and I can't wait to see her in those nice little clothes. She would look dainty, missy and beautiful. Yeah! I do have a soft spot for daughters, that's to be honest! Probably, they are the reflection of your inner soft being of your life. That's how I would put it anyway. I really love those two tiny tots - Ryan and Ashley! Yeah! I am missing them already!~

2 comments:

Jade said...

Come back more often then.. :) I'm sure both of them also miss their "ku cheong" and "ku ma".

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Jade, yup... will try to as much as possible. Thanks for everything!