Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My niece - Ashley

Last weekend, my family and I spent the day celebrating Jade's liberation day from confinement food and also, celebrating my niece, Ashley, one month old journey into the world. Though she looked so fragile and small in our big hands, I have a special place in my heart for Ashley. When I held her in my arms and feeding her milk, it was asuch a joy being able to hold such a beautiful baby in my hands. I must say that I was terribly out of place as it was such a long time since I last held a baby [ that's Ryan and he's 2 years old now !]
What can I say about Ashley? Well, first and foremost, she is really a beautiful baby. [ again congrats to Wei & Jade!] She is so much different from Ryan. She is quiet and really a delight. She is also quite strong as burping her after milk can be quite a task. She hardly screams except when she is hungry , of course, just like any other baby. I felt a sense of connection with her in a way that she smiled at me when I held her. I guess, that brought a lot of cheer to this old heart of mine. Afterall, it is not often you get a beautiful girl smiling at you, right? So, as usual, I held a little prayer for her and pray for the Lord's protection over her life as she grows up. I know deep in my heart that Ashley is going to be a real delight to Wei & Jade. Now, I really look forward to spend sometime with Ashley and Ryan when I get back to Seremban. As for Ryan, well, he is at his usual mischief self but constantly a delight to be with especially with his antics and crying schemes!
Gosh, I really miss holding Ashley and playing with her. Hope to go back more often to play with her......soon!

No comments: